What do you think about internet dating?

Hi,

Did you ever dated somebody over the internet?

=)

Most Helpful Guy

• I tried it when it was new (1999-2001) and it never panned out. I've had more satisfying relations with women just through internet chat than meeting them in person. The main reasons it didn't pan out were:

1. Distance! I don't want to drive half an hour for every date

2. Lack of chemistry. You may get along on MSN but maybe less so at Starbucks.

3. I don't even want to breed so there really isn't anywhere to take a relationship. Dating me is a dead-end activity. I will not marry you and I certainly will not impregnate you.

What Guys Said 1

• It doesn't work. Yeah I have.

• Oh. You mean meeting someone from the internet. Your question makes it sound like dating online only. Ignore my answer then.

What Girls Said 3

• By Internet dating, do you mean dating solely online, or meeting someone online and then dating in person?

• Yeah, like you meet someone online, chat for a few months, and meet in real.

• I think it's fine. It can be hard to meet people outside of your own social circle or work/school---the Internet gives you an opportunity to meet people you may not have otherwise come into contact with. Be safe about it----like webcam with the person before meeting so you can see that they are who they say they are, meet in a public place, etc. I've met tons of people from the Internet in real life and a lot of them have become close offline friends. I met my first serious boyfriend in a

• chatroom. It turned out he lived nearby and we eventually met in person and then dated for 5 years.

• No I have never dated anyone over the internet

i think it works for some people but not for everyone because it is very hard, you have to put so much trust into it and the lack of physical contact doesn't make the relationship easy. I know people who have dated over the internet and some even got married so you can give it a shot if your thinking about it just be safe about it, there so many creeps out there

• I say go for it if your happy, nothingwrong with it, I`ve seen a lot of e-dating, it`s...for a lack of better words...cute =))