What should a girl do if her boyfriend doesn't text back?

All up in the title...

& what after a couple of days he texted..Should she ignore like he did or text back normally?

p.s. it's a long-distance relationship..so texts are important.

He always texts back. We're been distant lately. Briefly, we had a fight..he was in the wrong..after he hardly apologized and I felt better..he's been distant...he texted rarely..so I thought I would text him (after long time I didn't text first).
It was a nice msg..It's been 3 hrs he didn't respond. What if he didn't respond at all, what should I do?
Whoever told me to call..Thank you! Seems he was waiting for me to call. If I kept myself stubborn, resentment would have eaten us alive. Thank you guys :))

Most Helpful Guy

• You had me rolling my eyes until you mentioned it's a LDR. First things first, give it a little time. Don't take it personal if he doesn't respond right away. It may be no big deal. The next thing I would suggest is honesty. Once you do talk to him again (no need to wait too long, just another couple days.) let him know how you feel in a simple, conversational way. Just tell him what effect it had on you in a lighthearted tone and let him ruminate on it. All in all, it's not a big deal... hopefully.

• What makes a guy not respond back?

• Thanks for helping :))

• wait him saying :re upset of me so much and I'm sorry"

is what made you mad, or its why you think he thinks he was wrong.. umm YOU being mad doesn't mean he thinks you have a reason.. its like saying- sorry you eel that way even tho I don't agree

What Guys Said 3

• Well this is a difficult question, because you don't know what was going on, maybe he was busy or stressed out and feeling crappy or he could have just been ignoring you. Ignoring him, with the eye for an eye kind of philosophy will never help though, texting him like normal would be OK I guess, but probably also wouldn't help much. What I would reccomend is to ask him if things are going OK with him, or if he is stressed out or feeling crappy about something, and that he doesn't have to talk about it or give you details if he doesn't want to, but you would be there for him if he wanted to talk about it.

• He always texts back. We're been distant lately. Briefly, we had a fight..he was in the wrong..after he hardly apologized and I felt better..he's been distant...he texted rarely..so I thought I would text him (after long time I didn't text first). It was a nice msg..It's been 3 hrs he didn't respond. What if he didn't respond at all, what should I do?

• Well you wouldn't want to text him over and over again if he doesn't respond, maybe you should wait for him to text you, and then ask if something is going on, or if he isn't feeling to good, and that you want to be there for him and work things out

• well I would first wonder if it could be possible that he was working or in school

but I would think that he would text you as soon as he could

my question is has this happened more then once?

and have you ever asked him about it?

• He always texts back. We're been distant lately. Briefly, we had a fight..he was in the wrong..after he hardly apologized and I felt better..he's been distant...he texted rarely..so I thought I would text him (after long time I didn't text first). It was a nice msg..It's been 3 hrs he didn't respond.

• i would go with both cascade and symorg in that I would ask him if he's OK and let him know how you feel about the situation just be honest but don't '' attack him'' because if he is already hurt that could damage the situation

• its a hair flip LOL chris crocker that's so funny but very true at least for girls

What Girls Said 3

• If you like him then keep in touch as much as possible I would say but if you sense in your gut that he doesn't like you or that he's just playing with your head ignore him and don't even bother to text him back unless he does the initiative and texts back

• I love him very much and he does too. We're serious too :)

• then I wouldn't hesitate to text back lol

• You should call him. He might just be busy or something. Who knows. But definitely call him and ask what's up. Tell him that it bothers you when he doesn't text you back.

It's not entirely fair to ignore him when he DOES text you, because you don't know the reason for him not texting you back. Although I don't think it'll make much of a difference if you do or you don't.

• well I would straight up ask him what's up? like its cool if he's busy but you are his girlfriend ..