Am I the only one who had the worst experience with the first person they open their heart to?

My ex, which we never really had the title of boyfriend/girlfriend but dated (dates, hanging out a lot, lovey dovey to each other and making love) for 2 months and then took a break and got together for a month in 2008-2009. He's the only one I ever dated and I lost my virginity to him. Well we always contact each other no matter what from until August of 2010. So he basically strung me along for 2 years. Since he found a new job and met new people and met someone he is seeing now. The thing is the last time we talked he fed me this bull that I was hoping was true that when he turns 21 (This past Dec 14) and moves out then he will be ready to be in a relationship with me and only wants me and I'm 24. I didn't believe him at that time at all since I feel like if you like someone then you would be with them at that time. So like I said we never contact each other since August but a mass greeting over the holidays. But on Wednesday I saw him at a club and said hi to him and I don't know why but danced with him as well. While dancing with him, one of his friend came over and said that he has a girlfriend and I was shocked and push him away and he tried to get me and say he does not have one. So I woke up the next day and texted him an angry text and said that he's filled with s**t. He's not ready to commit but he has a girlfriend now. I told him him that I pray to God that I will never see or hear from him again and called him a scumbag. He texted an angry text and called me Fing crazy and said that he does not have a girlfriend but is seeing someone so I should just HANG IT UP, and we just dance that night and I should just get over it and asked Why we can't just be friends. I texted back saying to get over himself and I was just mad for the him telling me all that stuff about him turning 21 and wanting only me and then when I heard from him friend he has a girlfriend I got angry. I know it was just dancing cause I dance with a lot of people. I told him I realize you could never be friends with someone you dated just be civil.

I'm so embarrassed that he knows it affected me and has a big head that I am not over him and he's happy and I am not. I wish I never danced with him. I wish I just said hi and smiled and that's it. I wish I never called him out on it. I am so embarrass and still so sad that I never shared anything special with him long term even just for a year. I wish I had a relationship with him for me to be acknowledge I was something to him. I never wanted to be with him forever but I wanted to share something with him at least for a year or 2. I know I will forever ignore him but I can't get rid of the embarrassment. He has such big head now knowing after 2 years, I still find him attractive or not over it. I just wanted my first to be memorable in a good way and now it's all impossible and ruined and I am having doubts about trusting men and opening my heart again.

Most Helpful Girl

• my ex broke my heart when I was only 16 I was so sad I really wanted to die! we stayed friends (and in fact we are still but we are forced somehow because we are in the same class) but it`s always like "what does he want from me?"

cut ties with him you will get over him faster! and if you do that and he really loves you he might miss you and want you back but if not forget him, move on! I know it is so hard but you should be happy! you have friends and family who love you and you will find s guy someday who deserves you and until then go out and have fun and make experiences! keep smiling! believe me it will become better!

good luck

What Guys Said 3

• Yep, you are the only one. You will likely be listed in Giness' next edition as the one and only. :)

• your not the only one 2 girls have crushed me but somehow I still keep trying because that's really all you can do.

• sorry to hear that

the best thing is to move on and

completely cut ties with him

there is someone out there for everyone

you just haven't found them

What Girls Said 2

• They say it's better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all...

If that's so, you are doing better than me because I've never been in love, and probably never will. I may never get hurt, but also never experience true love... So, you decide, is it better to at least had an experience of love or to never have loved at all...

• don't worry, you are not alone. I was absolutely destroyed by the first guy I opened my heart to. as well as the second :/ but there will be someone who will make you understand why it never worked with anyone else before them. that I can guarantee!

i think being hurt makes you appreciate it so much more when you find someone that makes you happy, and doesn't hurt you.