Blind date... Should I go for it?

I haven't been having good luck with guys lately. My roommate offered to set me up with a friend of her boyfriend. Should I let her?

Something I didn't mention that may or may not make a difference: her boyfriend is a Marine and she's trying to set me up with one of his bunkmates. I'm only having second thoughts because of the distance. Otherwise I'd totally go for it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a great idea for someone to help you if you haven't had the best of luck. I know a few girls that will tell me "I have a new boyfriend" and my response is always "I don't like him". Just because they go after the same type of guy every time. So it's very helpful to have a friends opinion, input, and possibly their involvement in your next attempt at a good relationship. The downfall to that though, is that if it doesn't work out, it has potential to create awkward situations in the future since it's a friend of her boyfriend. Meaning if they break up before you and your blind date, or if things end on a bad note between the blind date and yourself. Weigh those options into the equation. They're important. Other than that one possible downfall, I say to go for it.

What Guys Said 3

• Hmmm...That changes my answer, but just slightly. I'm also in the military and I know what you mean about the distance thing. If this guy has a half a brain (which may not be the case since he's a marine. lol) then he'll also realize the distance thing. I knew about 10 months in advance before I deployed the first time and I made it a point to not get with anyone before then. Didn't wanna get my heart broken while I was half a world away. So he probably recognizes it too. I've met a few good Marines, but not many. They're out there though and, who knows, he might be one of them. You just need to give it a chance. See what this guys all about and see how well you guys click.

• What have you got to lose?

• why not

What Girls Said 5

• Sure let her set you up! Meeting someone through a friend is better than meeting a guy in a bar or online. Going on a double date with your roomate witll be a great way to break the ice. Of course always becareful an be street smart and listen to your gut. If you get a bad feeling about the guy then stay away but if you feel OK then at least go out with him one time. And if you don't end up liking him in a romatic way at least you've made a new friend and we can all use more friends.

• Yes, why not? Maybe he's a great guy, handsome and super sweet? Don't say no, give it a try. For all you know he could be the one. If the blind date goes well, the distance won't matter, if it doesn't go well, it would suddenly be a great thing. Good luck! :)

• I would try it. If you have had bad luck with guys lately maybe your roomie would have a good idea of who might work out better.

• You should. I mean if your roommate is not crazy and her boyfriend is a normal guy you got nothing to loose! :D

• yeah why not? it might be fun