Inviting a former sexual partner to your wedding

Asking this out of curiosity...my friend just got married, and one of his really good girl friends was not there for the wedding. I asked him why, and he said his (now) wife would not let her come because they had sex at some point in the distant past (and before he even ever knew this new girl). The two never dated, and only hooked up once on a random drunk night. What does everyone think of this, is this a bit irrational?

In case I didn't make it clear, he had sex with this girl once, it was before he ever knew his wife, and its a long time friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's pretty silly. If she's a good friend, she should have been invited. Sounds like she needs to chill out and try to be friends with this girl instead of being jealous and catty.

• Yeah, that was my opinion. Oh well, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• It's possible that his wife was a little too concerned about the past. But I think he made the right decision. It's their day, her day, and any guest she doesn't want around should not be there. I think it's a good sign for his relationship with his wife that he did not invite her (she didn't show). It sounds like this friend girl is on her way out of his life. Family comes first.

My opinion is that it's not irrational. It's an emotional thing, but I can see the logic.