Does age really matter?

or is it just a number?

Most Helpful Guy

• Scientifically, the happiest relationships are the ones where the man is 6 years older than the woman. So statistically it does matter.

Personally, too, I barely feel like dating 21-year olds, let alone someone 18 years old. They tend to be very immature.

What Guys Said 3

• yeah..it does matter but in some case I think you can avoid it like if you are 30 then you can be with a 40 years old guy. But as you are just under 18 then it should matter to u. Don't date anyone more than 22 years old.

Take care

• over 7 or 8 yers is weird

• It matters A LOT I woudn't date a 4 year old!

What Girls Said 5

• I am 17 and I don’t think age matters (as long as its only like 7-8 years older. This is a really controversial topic and a lot of people have different opinions. My personal preference? I like my guy to be at least 5 years older. Guys my age are usually so immature and shallow… their immaturity irritates me. I want a man, not a boy! O_o

• its just a number in alll cases!

i know so many younger girls who have older boyfriends, but it has nothing to do with age, they just get along and understand each other well! many 16-17 year old girls are very mature and get alond with 22-23 year old guys, have same interests and future plans, some pppl need to stick with their own age. but it all depends on maturity

• It counts. Mostly between teenagers and older people. I feel like once someone is 20 dating someone 8 or 9 years older really isn't that weird. It's just strange if someone is like 16 dating someone that's 24. The 16 year old is in a completely different place in life than the 24 year old.

• I don't think that age matters> Its just how much you like/love the person! I say age is just a number.

• If you're really in love you shouldent care about age.

I believe its just a number.