Why guys would chat to online chicks when they love their girlfriend?

All is OK now, but me and boyfriend had big fight in Oct. as he logged onto his fb on my iphone and I saw 3 messages from some girl with an unusual name. 2 subject lines where "hey hows it going" 3rd message said "don't text me anything sexy on my fb wall message me" then she says "add me as a friend" so I just had a feeling she was one of those chat line girls who I have heard tries to contact guys randomly hoping one chats back they are usually from a foreign country either trying to get stuff from stupid guys or even marriage to get into the country. We had a HUGE fight as he texted her "your gorgeous, I'd date you in a heartbeat" which hurt... however, next day I looked her up as his friend on fb and she had NO info on her profile however, there was another tab that said "Chat with Me" I clicked the tab and a big green box that said Zoosk appeared the dating site so I knew who she was . Boyfriend denied it said she was a friend from back home who was in a car accident and he felt sorry for her. I know it was all an ego thing I am sure of it, but why do it? So he can talk dirty to some stranger or whatever? I didn't feel cheated on, I saw it for what it was but seriously WTF? And he wouldn't admit she was some chat chick? Obviously embarrassed he was on one of those sites.

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you mean... "all is okay now."

For the love of God girl can you even hear what you are saying, while you are asking something just as ludicrous? Your "boyfriend" has already opened the door to cheating on you. Doesn't matter if it hasn't happened yet because no fight you may win, and nothing you can say will stop the fact that he is dipping his toes in the water, and tasting the samples of what he thinks will be greener grass.

Come on girl, show your strength and the fact that you will not allow yourself to be with someone who walks all over you. Or, you can ignore everything and eventually allow yourself to marry the same sort of cheating asshole.

• Agree. My ex is currently with a new girl and HE is on zoosk! He joined ZOOSK 3 days before he was "officially" in a relationship with his new girlfriend on facebook! New profile pic, updated details everything. Curiosity got the better of me and I made a fake chick and yep he bought it...hook line and sinker. BTW this guy repeatedly cheated on me and now I know he'll do it to the next one and the next one. Though some guys do it for an ego stroking but wouldn't act on it...but do you really want sum1 like?

What Guys Said 4

• in this case he is looking for some sex on the side.

• how bout some salad?

• I don't think so as I believe she doesn't live in this country but I totally could see doing it to jerk off too but really? What talk dirty while you play with yourself when your girlfriend is waay more attractive, loves u, and would do that for ya cause I'm your girlfriend and we are in a relationship and I love making love to him and NEVER refused him ever so what gives what's the draw? And to deny it was some online chick cause that would be embarrassing to admit to 4sho

• Cos he doesn't love you

• something is going on!

• Perhaps you can explain why girls would chat to online guys like me when they love their boyfriends? Just a thought, I've flirted with at least 3 women who started a chat with me since I've been on this site and they're all in relationships. How do you think I feel? Well I did enjoy meeting them but I wish one of them was actually single.

• I didn't mean to post this as anonymous.

• I've chatted to people from this site, however, I ALWAYS say or talk about the fact I have a boyfriend. And honestly most actually have a question they want to ask me male or female. I hava had a few weirdos that you say hey and within minutes they are saying how horny they are so I say goodbye and log off. But I do like talking to all sorts of people doesn't make me a cheater makes me a renaissance woman.

What Girls Said 3

• I think some guys just like feeling like they still "got it" even if they are in a relationship. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's not like he is going to meet her if she is living in another country.

I would be worried if she lived in the same city. That is when you have to put your foot down.

• Well you seem young and your boyfriend is already starting to be a liar.

Dont be jealous of on line chat cause they are there to make money and guys like him are dumb enough to lie and also to dumb to not see they also chat with guys posing as girls lol

• I recently posted a question on here as to whether people considered this CHEATING. To me it is cheating. If the girl DID live in his city where could that chatting lead? Often it is just to know the guy is attractive and he probably has low self esteem. But if he needs outside sources of making him feel like a man...I just hope you know your boyfriend well enough to know he wouldn't cheat and I'd make it loud and clear now that this type of behavoir is unacceptable and means for dismissal! Friend in a car crash my ass! That is a blatant lie, but hey sometimes it is nice to get some outside flattery and if you were being made feel great by someone in the big wide world but wouldn't actually act on it, wouldn't you like to keep hearing it?