My girlfriend of three years both randomly breaks up with me for a rich guy and does it via text, move on?

Hey ladies,

She was the first person by my side when my best friend took her own life. I've loved her ever since and am smart enough to realize you keep people like that around forever. Since then I can say that my life has gone downhill I withdrew from school with a semester to go. She tried to dump me then. After a few months of not talking we got back together. It was going well these last six or seven months. But, just randomly last week she texts me and asks if I was seeing other people. And "its OK if you are lol". Then she told me her friend set her up on a date with this guy and she already went out on a date with him and she likes him so they are going out on another date. Not to mention she already introduced him to her mom. She said maybe it can work in five years when I'm "more established" like her new guy is and that she can't be with a guy that "is gonna work at the movie theaters the rest of their lives." So obviously she would love me if I wasn't poor. So should I look her up in five years or no?

Are you sure she dumped you for money? That's a major accusation

Most Helpful Girl

• Pah I don't believe that, she went on a date, they are going out and she already has introduced him to her mum...something not right there mate. Plus she's checking to see if you have anyone knew, probably so she can either not feel guilty if you have, or so she can look like she's doing the decent thing and telling you about it before someone else does. Sorry but it all sounds just a little to well planned.

Move on, because she obviously has and she doesn't seem to mind if you had, otherwise she wouldn't ask and then say it doesn't matter if you are.

What Girls Said 3

• she sounds shallow.

I hate people who go with the I prefer to pick rich over poor even if a guy has really good qualities.

that sucks, get a better girl who isn't so shallow.

• No! There are better women in this world, a truly good person that is kind and loyal to you is hard to find. So how did this relationship turn out?

• No!

she was with you through the death of your boyfriend but she doesn't deserve you "maybe in 5yrs when your more established as he is" that's rude and as a matter of fact go 'establish yourself' get things in order find some else and then she will feel bad and want you back then she will realize her mistake trust me I have seen this happen... Go have fun 5yrs is hell of time to wait

ps. Get someone who looks way better than her and is totally the opposite of he in physique and don't text or call her and if she does you just reply with one word sentences where possible.

girls don't like when guys are clingy they want what they can't have make yourself tempting for her and if she comes back then you make your choice I would go with not taking her up though this means you have her where you want her

What Guys Said 1

• Don't look at it as rich vs poor, it's more about successful vs unsuccessful (altho money typically follows success). From the sounds of it, she's worried you're going no where in life and doesn't want to spend the rest of her life having to live paycheck-to-paycheck with someone that has no goals or challenges her at all. The whole "look me up in 5 years" is just her trying to let you down gently. People say that because the majority of the time the other person moves on and they never have to deal with it in the future.