I was on the tube the other day and noticed all the online dating ads (January advertising, got to love it!), and one claimed that 50% of couple who got married in the US last year met online.
Wow. That's a huge number. So, who out there has tried online dating, and was it successful for you? Would you do it again? I'm really interested to hear your experiences, or even your reasons for not trying it out.
If none of the answers apply to you, I'd like to hear your story, too!
- Yes, and I'm currently in a relationship because of it.Vote A
- Yes, and I've gone on dates because of it, but nothing serious.Vote B
- Yes, and I haven't had many replies or much interest from anyone (or vice versa).Vote C
- No, because I'm in a relationship with someone I met elsewhere.Vote D
- No, because of.. (comment with your reason)Vote E
I started using a site called OkCupid about 4 months ago when I moved abroad, so I could meet people, and I went on several first dates, and am now pretty serious about one.
Most Helpful Guy
I've tried a couple different sites, without much luck. Although, to be honest I didn't put much effort into it, and women don't seem to be much more willing to initiate contact online than they are anywhere else.
I've always thought it should be called online meeting, since the actual dating part is still done in good old RL. It seems like a good idea at least. I mean, once you get out of school, it gets A LOT harder to meet new people. Especially if you're like me and a club or bar is about the last place you want to spend an evening.1