Why do guys say they want to meet you but then makes up an excuse not to show up?

This guy I like named Scott has been an online friend for 2 years now and every time we talk he wants to take me out on a date and tells me...Make me want to run up there and come see you!...I have done everything I could to make him want to come see me and he still makes excuses. I know he likes me because he tells me so every time we talk. I don't know what I should do! Any advice would help greatly!

I figured as much but I got started in the dating game a little late! I didn't start dating til I was 19 and it seems all I get are the assholes of the century! thanks for the help

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey's playing you. Anyone can say "I like you". If he knows you like him, what does he have to lose? Why do you keep talking to him?

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him to go see the wizard... poor thing hasn't got a brain! LOL Sounds like an asshole that likes to keep things just at the verge of developing, but never go anywhere! You deserve better!

• Because he's a SERIOUS fool! The right guy won't be able to keep away from you...

What Girls Said 1

• First of all, when you are talking to someone online and you want to meet up with them, it's best you meet them ASAP as to avoid creating high expectations of someone you only know through a screen and your imagination. Stop talking to him, he is absolutely not interested, you can do MUCH better.

• Good point. Many guys and girls are not "present" when they're dating someone. Often, they're dating a fantasy they've conjured up.