Is this normal? and should I stop?

I hang out with friends quite a bit, but a lot of times I really don't feel like hanging out with anyone, so I'll just go anti social for a week or two, then reappear again. its not that my friends p*ss me off or anything, I just sometimes get sick of getting out and doing stuff, and don't feel like putting in the effort. at the end of being anti social everyone asks me if I was mad at them and they don't believe me wen I say no. during one of my anti social weeks, I continued to text a girl I like, and explained this, and I'm not really sure what she thought of it. should I keep doing it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way too, sometimes I just need my solice and some chill time at home. There's nothing wrong with it at all, so long as you explain it more to your friends so they think your being sketchy or anything.

What Girls Said 1

• Keep doing what? Texting her? I say stick with it. You have nothing to lose. Your friends might be able to understand you better if you explain what you're feeling instead of simply saying you aren't mad at them. It's hard to believe something if you have no reason behind an answer. And if you fully explain yourself and that girl can't understand, she's not really worth the time.

What Guys Said 2

• Wow..

I do the same exact thing, except I call it my ME-time LOL.

But I also talk to them on fb and AIM and junk every so often so they don't think I'm dead or something.

But yea, dude my alone time has seriously made me become more introspective which is definitely a good thing.

• I do the same thing as well. I worry that when I'm having alone time from my friends that they think I hate them, but I don't. I just separate from my friends for weeks and just keep to myself and do my thing. It's a good time to fix the stuff that is going on in your life for sure. I get really emotional and think about stuff in my life that I want to fix and want to make better and then as soon as it all came I'm back to my normal self and hang out with friends and women. I'm not sure if it's depression or being introverted or what but I don't really mind it because it's healing time from the stress of work and school, friends and family, love and loss. I think it's gotta be healthy in moderation, as is everything so keep doing what you're doing and as long as you don't push your friends away then you're set. You should try telling them what's up and what goes on. Friends will understand.