We went out on a date, why hasn't he asked me out again?

I met t his guy a couple weeks ago. He asked for my number that first day we met. A few days later he called and left a message asking when we could hang out and do something. We ended up going out on a date, and everything went wrong.. he lost his keys, left the lights on, and got his card switched with his brothers so I ended up paying for the movie tickets. We laughed at every situation that happened and I felt a connection between us. He made me feel comfortable. But at the end of the date he gave me this hug that was a little but awkward.

I ran into him again at a church function a few days later, and he came up to talk to me.. he makes good eye contact, but he also does that with everyone. We laugh with each other and are both happy easy going people.. But I can't tell if he's interested. Why hasn't he asked me out again?

Most Helpful Girl

• He's probably embarrassed that the date went bad. He doesn't know if you are still interested. Talk to him.

What Guys Said 3

• Its only been a few days. Wait a while, if he does find you interesting still, I doubt he'll be doing back to back dates. There's school, personal, and other social needs to take care of in both your lives, so for him, he's probably managing all of them simultaneously. Do you guys still talk? Just wait a while. Maybe after the "everything going wrong" incident, he's waiting a while before giving it another attempt. Just continue being friends. Flirt every so often (but don't over do it and don't be too flirtatious with any single comment). I'd say at the moment its a matter of time. As for the hug, I wouldn't go for the kiss unless I felt she was completely comfortable with the idea, and he may be a no kiss on the first date type guy. When he goes for a hug, go for it to and make it feel warm, short and smile.

• Yeah its hard to say without more details about the date...

But it is very likely he isn't sure what you think of him...

A good way that you could communicate to him that you're interested without putting yourself out there too much would be: Next time your talking with him, just casually say, ya know we need to get together again some time.

This lets him know you're interested while still letting him be "the man" and feel that he is choosing the details of the date. Basically you plant the seed, and let him feel that it was his idea...

• he asked you out the first time (which is obviously much harder) so you could return the favor and ask him out. that's one option...or you could just sit back and watch the world pass by you

• would I come off as desperate though? I really like this one, and the last thing I want is to scare him off. and if I were to ask him out, I was thinking of just inviting him over to watch of movie or something casual like that... what do you think?:)

• if you do that, you should make him dinner...that is like one of the best dating tricks girls have, guys can't resist it haha

• Hmmm... I like that idea!:)

What Girls Said 1

• He probably thinks that he ruined any chance he had with you because of how bad the date went.. You just have to let him know that you don't care how wrong the night went, and that you still had a great time with him and would love to do it again sometime! He's most likely just confused about how you felt about the date and is unsure if you'd be interested in doing it again.. All you can do is show him you're still interested, and hope he calls you back up for another date! :D good luck! :)