Why do people think its wrong to date outside their race?

I'm a black girl, and my boyfriend is white. i am very paranoid when it comes to being around a lot of people while with my bf. i feel like I'm being stared at, even tho i obviously don't get stares but I'm sure that's what everyone does...just acts like they aren't staring...ugh

hmm

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not let it get to you. Love knows no racial difference. I think it is rather pleasant to see after what the whites and blacks have been through...it is nice to see them unite in love. Some people still carry that arrogance, but I say to you, be proud of it. Afterall, interracial babies are the most beautiful!

What Guys Said 3

• So they are staring at you, but not staring but you know they are, just act like they aren't...uh...

do you not know what staring is? cuase to be staring they have to be looking at you for an extended period, them "JUST ACTS LIKE THEY ARENT STARING" is them actually not staring and not caring

It sounds like this problem everyone has.. is in your mind and you care more about the race of your boyfriend than others...

• What state are you from? Because I'm from Boston MA and there's a lot of inter-racial couples now. All the white guys I know are interested in black females. I'm trying to find a black female to date right now my self, to start a relationship.

• I am more attracted to dark women, whether it be hispanic, lighter black, or dark italian.. :)

• LOL umm k

• Just be confident girl haha.. most people probably look because they're jealous haha

What Girls Said 6

• Im a black girl too, and my boyfirend is black but I've dated white guys before. and girl people are staring at you guys. ecspecially black guys. they hate it! I'm not quite sure why but they think that "the man is takin there women" stupid nonsence. lol honestly EMBRASE THE HATERS! there ain't much more you can do, if you both truly love each other it will only make your relationship stronger! best of luck.

• I'm from Tennessee and I'm not racist but I have grown up to believe that dating anything other than white is wrong. It doesn't bother me to see it but I know my parents would..they are very racist but I don't know I feel like I have been brainwashed by my parents because I don't find black men or mexicans attractive..

• Lol, racist parts and grown people don't have a problem with me dating outside my race...ITS THE YOUNGER teens that I feel hate from

• i don't think you should worry about it, either. if you love the boy, and he loves you, then it doesn't matter! screw the other people! you go girl! be a leader and make your own path!

• because people are stupid.

but it's getting more and more acceptable to date outside of your race

• its just something you don't see everyday

• You're generalizing EVERYONE. I don't know a single person that cares the race of people in a relationship. I know I don't. And you are being rude, and generalizing. So cut it out. No one give a sh*t. At least, no one with half a brain. And a lot of people have much, much more than that. You making a big deal of it is the only reason people care, and you pointing it out. And even then I'm sure they don't give a sh*t.

• ahaha you must be white. you wouldn't understand it. unless you date black guys. but if you did you wouldn't be talking like that soo. I don't know what YOUR problem is other than your just... mean

• I am dating a black man, and yes I am white. And we've talked about this extensively and both of us feel comfortable. I've never gotten any looks. Maybe it's because I live in a good place or a more open minded place but no one ever stares, no one ever looks back and people are always nice.

• I will apologize for reacting harshly, I've been in a bad mood today and I shouldn't take it out on people here. And I apologize to the question asker. I just know I don't have any problems where I live.