Guys and girls, what are your thoughts?

I like makeup and I wear it, but sometimes when I go out I don't like to feel like I have to wear it. Maybe it's just me but sometimes I feel like it's so expected for a girl to look glamorous every day. And what's with guys saying that they prefer no makeup but then always go for the girl with all the makeup on? To me there is normal beauty and makeup beauty and I think we all tend to mix those together when they are not supposed to be...

I would like to know your honest opinion, thank you!:)

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, I agree... Guys DO put too much prssure on girls to look glamerous... Just today I met a girl thinking she looked as cutr as she did, then a guy had her crying, saying she was too fat to have her shirt tucked in! :( I also agree about makeup beauty, & when done right I think it makeup can be VERY becoming & pretty... The best example I've seen wa a friend of mine had on a blue print baby doll style dress, & a matching blue eye shadow that REALLY brought out her eyes! However, I do like natural beauty as well. I HAVE appraoched a girl without makeup, & I've told friends how pretty they looked to have them respond, but I have no makeup on... I hadn't even noticed... all I saw was a nice girl with a pretty face! Hopefully, one day guys... & the media... will back off & let girls feel good about themselves like they should. Until then, do what hou like best. From your pictures, you're an SXTREMELY pretty girl & I'm sure you look awesome both ways :)

What Guys Said 5

• Its not expected. Girls who don't try and look glamourous aren't expected to look glamourous, you know? If you try to look glamourous every day, you carve that out for yourself. Essentially, you expect it yourself. I've done that, actually. I always doll up in makeup, heavy hairspray, fancy clothes, lots of jewlery, y'know. And when I don't people are like, 'Oh, dressed like a boy today, Jack?', and all their little quips. Hahaha. But I know they aren't even really thinking. And they aren't aware everyone else has said the same sh*t, so its not like they're all thinking it, they all just happen to have thought of it, independantly, you know?

I don't think there's normal beauty and makeup beauty. If you like makeup, you suit makeup. You impose that on yourself. So, its just a part of you, I think. You can be beautiful with it on or off, its just an add-on. Like clothes, y'know. Shoes. Haha.

And I don't notice guys always going for girls caked in makeup, and I don't notice them saying they prefer girls who don't wear it anywhere but GAG. So, I dunno, its not like that where I live.

• I think the general consensus among guys is that too much make-up is bad.

If make-up is properly applied, then it looks awesome.

• guys do prefer girls without make-up on. but the only reason a girl wears make-up is to look good and get people attention. so its natural for guys to go to the girl with make-up on, although I'm sure they really think the pretty girl with out or little make up looks much more beautiful. & if that picture beside you're name is you, you really are a beautiful girl. so don't be afraid be proud any gentleman would go for that over some other girl who hides who they really are.

• Honestly, I prefer a girl without makeup (or at least, so minimal as to look "natural"). If a guy checks out the girl with obvious makeup on first, though, it's probably the same reason a red or yellow car catches your attention before a neutral-colored one does. Flashy makeup is just more noticeable, not neccessarily more attractive. If the girl with all the makeup turns out to have a lousy personality, it won't take the guy too long to check out the girl-next-door who's more down-to-earth and fun to be with.

Basically, makeup is just a way of saying, "hey! look at me". It's not neccessary to get a guy's attention, but we're easily distracted, so it DOES work. :P Lol

• What do you know... stripper moderator deleted my post about wanting to do it with you.

• Your answer made NO SENSE. Hence it was nonsense.

• Yes, I can based on that. You shouldn't be earning points and taking up space with nonsense.

• I knew a moderator once.. She's a total bitch by the way. But she always told me that moderators can't delete questions, but she's a liar.

What Girls Said 3

• I say go with whatever makes you comfortable. You can wear it some days and not some others and see how people react. What makes you feel more confident? Choose that one! =)

• I think the overall consensus among guys is that an excessive amount of make-up is dangerous.

If make-up is correctly applied, then it's awesome.

• You look gorgeous with minimal makeup, based on your pictures.

But yes, I do get way more attention when I'm wearing makeup compared to when I'm not. It's probably due to the fact that I feel less presentable and attractive sans makeup. I like wearing makeup everyday, so I do. It makes me more confident in my appearance.

And guys are just confused. They don't understand the difference between natural-looking makeup and no makeup. Cosmo has done countless polls. The chicks wearing more makeup are always categorized as being hotter.