For advice, should I ask a girl or a guy?

If I wanted to ask a friend for relationship advice, a friend that knows the situation well and knows me and the person I'm interested in, should I ask a girl friend or a guy friend?

1) Which is more likely to give me better/more accurate advice?

2) Which is more likely to keep it a secret between us?

And anything else you might want to mention! Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• a girl friend will probably give you more helpful advice whereas a guy will probably keep you secret longer.

I think you should as both then you get the best advice and can choose between which advice you want to take.

What Girls Said 5

• To be honest, I think it doesn't have anything to do with gender.

Think about which one listens the best, is extremely understanding, and cares? That would probably the the right choice. :]

I know a lot of girls over analyze things, myself included... hah. Maybe that would be a plus. Or a negative. If you want to interpret what how a girl feels about you, there's a good chance that a girl friend would know.

If you have a best friend, they might help a lot since they probably know you the best.

I guess it really depends on the person.

Hope that helped somehow. [:

• well I believe that the trust part is depending the person (it has nothing to do with girl or boy). and well after all you are the one in the situation so I believe you should ask both and make your own decision, because thier decision would be opposite, so make your own advice by listening to both of them and choosing what you believe is better. GOOD LUCK! :D

• being a girl I think I give great advise and can keep secerts but most girls don't keep secerts all that well so id say girls give great advise and guys keep secerts... so alittle of both

does the girl that you want advise from know the girl you like cause if she does she'll tell her ... so go to the guy for this one I think

hope that helps

• A girl just because she's a girl . we can relate to our actions and understand why we do things. But at the same time a girl probably won't be a blunt as a guy would just cause of your feelings I think. Guys are probably more likely to keep a secret tho.

• i would say girl since she would know what a girl is thinking

What Guys Said 1

• Nnnnnnnooooooo go to a confident guy. He may see you as a worm for needing his advice but it will be better and much more likely to keep a secret!