What have your rebound relationships been like?

After you break up with someone usually there is a rebound. What have those relationships been like?

Which person were you in the relationship, the one who recently broke up with their ex or the one dating them?

Do these types of relationships ever work out?

What Girls Said 1

• I've only had one rebound relationship experience, and it was with a different guy than who I broke up with.

I honestly wasn't very into the new relationship and it did not last long. I didn't date for a while after that, either.

I guess they can work out for other people, I really don't know, it just depends on the people and how willing they are to make things work. But I don't think the whole rebound thing is for me.

What Guys Said 1

• When I was the one who just got out of a relationship, it felt like a mistake, like I was confused about what I really wanted. When I was on the other side it felt a little awkward. Like I was the third wheel to something I had no idea about.

• Yeah I've been on both sides too. when I was the one out of the relationship I fell for the girl to quickly. I felt as though I was focusing all my emotions from my past onto her. On the other side, I did feel awkward too. I felt like the girl might just be confused and settling for me. I don't want that. I don't want someone who just settles for me.