What's the biggest age gap in a relationship you would have?

I'm 18 and I like a 23 year old, I don't know if that's too much. XD My rule is usually only 2 years older or younger. What's your general rule?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think age matters as much to me as whether we're in similar life stages. For example, I've been on dates within the past year with two 22-year-olds (I'm 21.) One was not in school, and was just working. The other is about to graduate from college. I clicked better with the college senior, I think because we both value education and are going through the same experiences relative to that.

Following that line, when I waa in high school, I wouldn't have dated outside of high school, and now that I'm in college, I might date a recent graduate, but not a high-school senior. I imagine my acceptable age range will broaden a bit when I graduate and go out into the "real world" where people aren't so segregated by age.

What Guys Said 1

• Five years.

What Girls Said 4

• 8 years older max, 2 years younger max

• I wouldn't go any younger than a year, or older than 5 or 6 years.

• as long as the guy is nice, age isn't that big of a deal for me.

When I was 22 I dated any guy from the age of 19-33.

I am currently married now and my guy is only 2 weeks younger than me :)

• I'm 20 and dating a 25 year old who's turning 26 the day after Valentine's Day. I wouldn't probably date any older than that.

• That seems reasonable. :) Haha especially considering I have a 20 year old friend who's dating a 43 year old. Eeeeewwww! XD

• :O Wow that's way too old for me lol.