Pretty girl but stupid or average girl but intelligent?

Imagine you liked both. If you had to choose between those two, which would you choose and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Average intelligent, Stupid girls irritate me... They are boring and I'd not be able to have a decent conversation. Anyway looks fade, I'd have to be an idiot to pick a stupid girl whose only asset will also go away in time.

What Guys Said 17

• Definitely intelligent, unless you yourself are stupid. Then go with the stupid pretty one. Be stupid or intelligent together! :D

• Comedian Ron White already answered this question in his standup comedy special "You Can't Fix Stupid." I agree with everything he said wholeheartedly.

• Average girl but intelligent.

A pretty stupid girl stays stupid but stays not pretty. Bad deal thus in the long term.

• Average girl hands down. Number one reason is looks fade away so to have a smart girl you will be better off down the road. Plus good looking girls usually are more snoby, high maintaince and materialistic. Smart girls also come in handy with finances and other logical things

• Pretty girls are a dime a dozen. Smart girls (or even just smart people) are rare. Rarity ftw.

• pretty

• Average and intelligent every time. That doesn't fade with time. Looks change & fade potentially leaving you with nothing.

• average but intelligent all the way!

I want someone who will push me to succeed. Keep me thinking and I like having intelligent conversations with my girl. I don't want to be with a crash dummy LOL

I want to be able to discuss theories and ideas that wether she may comprehend exactly what I'm saying at least she can follow with the thought processes.

Pretty / stupid girls are usually trouble... sorry...

• I would want the pretty stupid girl, because she is pretty.

• You can't fix stupid! But a plastic surgeon can work magic. lol

• Average but intelligent every time without fail.

Intelligence is a massive turn on to me!

• Depends on stupid in what way. Me and Ets were talking about that earlier actually, hahaha.

• stupid like the "I'm lazy and I don't give a sh*t about my grades" way.

• Being lazy & not caring about your grades, and being stupid are 2 completely different things, QA.

• True. But this includes stupid acting, babbling about stupid things and being completely clueless about several topics. Sounds stupid to me

• i'd choose Tia Enchatedx3. She's hott!

• overweight and sweet

• pretty and intelligent for me, thank you very much

• /shrug too broad. I know plenty of "intelligent" average girls that are still boring as all hell to spend any time with, or who just go out and party it up and hook up tons, then use their intellect to do mental gymnastics to explain why its okay

i'd rather just have the pretty girl who is down to earth and simple for now in my life. doesn't mean I'll stick around any longer than a year. when I'm in my 30s I'll marry an attractive intelligent woman who would A. Be a good mother B. contribute good genetics to my children

• I know I'm behaving like a rude internet troll right now but I just have to say that questions like this really annoy me. I could be wrong but I'm assuming you're a smart girl that feels like she's losing in the competition for men to sexier girls willing to take their flirting farther. My brutally honest answer is that I would take the girl that showed more interest in me because I would assume I had less of a chance with the other. It's really all about the signals you give a guy because even though you think it's the guy that chases you he only chases because of signals you show him.

• Oh I'm sorry, this question annoys you? Then don't bother to answer, duh.

And no, your assumption is wrong. I'm average smart and I consider myself as pretty. I just wanted to know what guys preferred.

Thanks for your opinion, though.

• Sorry if that came across as confrontational I just mean I don't like questions like this because you assume choices are really this limited but they're not and the guy you're wondering about probably sees things way different than what you're judging other girls on.

• guess you have your point. Just wanted to see everyone's opinion though. I wasn't really referring to a guy in specific. I was asking about guys in general

What Girls Said 7

• I would hope there are at least some guys who would rather an intelligent girl over a bimbo, but it seems that the stupid, pretty girls always get chosen 1st. Personally, if I was in a relationship I'd rather be able to have a half decent conversation with the person rather than someone to just sit and stare at all day.

• though a lot of people are saying the smart girl whose average looking you can pretty much tell by just looking around at society and realizing that most of the pretty and stupid girls are the ones who are picked because they are pretty and its much easier to impress a stupid girl and flirt with her. Some people like being with the stupid girl because they are much easier to take advantage of. Ya know? Not trying to generalize men, just saying to take a look around. (:

• can't say I'm the sharpest knife in the drawer either, so I'd say the pretty girl.. I find that stupid people, while not clever, are pretty funny most of the time

• Right. But then also smart people can be fun. Except those boring smarties that like everything done perfect. I don't find them fun or attractive at all

• lol yeah, I agree. But it's just funny in a different way. Like, usually the humor I get from intelligent people tends to be condescending which bugs me, but the humor I get from dumb people is just kind of ignorant and funny. Like, ignorant in an i-don't-know way as opposed to a biased way... I've had relationships mostly with the smart types, though

• haha yeah, I guess you're right. Dumb humor wins then :P

• average girl and intelligent. Chances are she's better in bed.

• that's ok

• i'd rather be pretty. looks matter in life

• And intelligence doesn't?

• I have to agree with this.The people who thumbed this down are bullsh*tting themselves as usual on this site

• looks vanish. Intelligence stays. If you wanna be dependent and stupid in life, then good luck.

• I would hope most guys would pick average and intelligent girl. If a girl is just "average" in the looks department a small makeover could make a vast improvement. Then she'll have looks and brains. :)

• I think they would. I wouldn't really like a dumb guy. Guess it's the same with guys

• lol the guy I'm dating now is like that. Next to him I have a baby's brain D: actually, I think anybody next to him has a baby's brain. lol some people are freakin' genius

• Haha yeah. It can be intimidating and interesting at the same time.