Why guys have to do so much to get girls?

They have to look good, they have to be manly, they have to be funny, they have to not be shy, they have to be confident, they have to jump through the hoops of girls indecisiveness, they need to hold it in your pants, even if you are really dying to get laid, they need to do all of this talking crap about feeling this and that, they have to pay for dates, drive her around bla bla bla, you need to be liked by her friends or forget it, and most importantly you have to play her hard to get games, just because she is "vulnerable" and doesn't want to get played, you also have to proof yourself as if you were selling yourself to her and so on and so forth.

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen, we have to do the same thing basically. Quit complaining. If you don't like the dating scene, don't date. It's not that hard, and most girls (at least the ones I know) don't play twisted games. Maybe you should check your judgement in choosing a girl. She has to go through all of this crap for you too. It's a two way street.

Sure, we clearly have our differences, and I'm sure it's irritating. But just look on the bright side: you probably don't have to wax sensitive areas, or fry your hair on a daily basis to look good while poking your eye with with some pencil of sorts.

No ones life in the dating scene is easy, we all have to work hard. This isn't the battle of the sexes, so calm your nips.

• Bull sh*t, it is actually a battle of the sexes due to evolutionary competition.

Deal with it.

Sorry OP, but that's how the game goes. The invested cost of pregnancy for a female far out weighs your investment as a sperm donor. That is why you will prove yourself to be worth through a myriad of means, including all of those you listed.

It's risk/reward, you'll get one eventually. However is she the material you were looking for (the ideal).

• yeah but we have condoms and so many different kinds of things that prevent women to get pregnant. I really don't think this getting pregnant argument is valuable any more. I agree that looking good might be difficult but not as difficult as having an amazing personality.

• I don't think it was ever really valuable, it only holds water when talking about young, uninformed, or extremely impoverished people, or that sort of thing. Having an amazing personality can be as simple as dropping extreme negativity displayed to others. And it doesn't have to be AMAZING :P

What Girls Said 4

• girls have to do just as much if not more for guys... but once you get past all of that, then you will have a solid relationship base..

• i don't see how girls have to do more seriously. You don't cook anymore, you don't rake care of kids anymore pretty much...you don't have to chase. You just have to look "good" and then you pass, that is not really that difficult, ironing your hair and changing your personality are no where near comparable.

• if you have to change your personality, then you're clearly not trying to get with the right girl. she should like you for who you are, face value, you shouldn't have to buy your way into her .

• For a start, no, you don't. You're picking the wrong girls.

Secondly, you sound like you just want to get laid and are saying "How dare girls make it difficult for me!"

That is probably why you can't get laid.

"Talking crap about feeling this and that" Well if it's not true, you shouldn't be surprised girls don't want to sleep with you... we're not sex slaves.

• hmmmmm ok? No body said anything about getting laid but nice try.

• that doesn't mean I want to bang girls and then leave them.

• Well that's how it came across...

It sounds like you think sex is something we should freely give away, and that you deserve just because you paid for a date or two. I've never even been on a real date, I think they're stupid. Me and my boyfriend go halves on everything because it's fair. It doesn't mean I then won't have sex with him because I had to pay. It's about how much a girl likes you, not how much you spend on them.

• You shouldn't make a blanket statement about all girls. I hate a guy who tries too hard or acts like he's such a great guy. It's only like that if you are trying to force a connection where there is none. I think people jump into relationships way too fast without even caring if they are compatible with the other person. If you were than you wouldn't need to talk about your feelings and emotions all the time because you would just get that person. And there is a difference between the natural build up to having a relationship and 'games'. Relationships that are rushed usually don't last very long.

• Well, not all girls are like that. But if you're determined to keep that view of us, it's not like we're forcing ourselves into your life.

What Guys Said 3

• It's a good question. I'd say it's because males are seen as the alpha in a species... generally the strongest, as with history and equality men seem to be 'treated' better in life with wages and jobs and other things (apparently) So with this comes responsibility to pay for things, or to be a 'macho' figure for a girl. A lot of it is psycology and biology, general attractive traits and so forth. But I agree it's irritating, especially since I'm not one of those dominant alpha male types. I'm much more along the lines of equality.

• The girls who want you to do everything for them are the ones that don't like you. They are just using you because you let them. Don't be that guy.

As far as being confident, being funny, not be shy, all that those are desirable qualities that will help you at every stage of your life so they are worth working towards.

• they like being spoiled by us, and unfortuneately they get away with it