Should I just stop texting her and try to forget about her?

So there's this girl that I like we work with each other, I told her my feelings for her. Right now she is away for school she will be back in April. but this is what she said when I told her I liked her

"Hey, umm I think we should just stay friends, I like talking to you and everything, but I don’t want anything more than that...and I’m still with my boyfriend...I don’t want this to make anything weird, I like having you as a friend. "

so I did not text her for like a week then I got a message from her saying she was worried because I was not replying to anyone who was texting me. So this is how some of the text convo went here we go. I am skipping a lot of stuff and getting to the main part.

( Her: I'm sorry.. he was asking me if I had talked to u.. and he told me you weren't answering him.. I got worried and he told me to let him know if I heard from you.)

(Me: aww thanks for caring its alright you don't have to be sorry. I was just depressed.)

(her: you know you can still talk to me you know, I'm pretty much bored everyday haha..)

(me:I still want to be good friends but its killing me that I can never have a chance with you I don't know what to do.)

(her: I'm sorry I really don't know what to tell you...I'm sure you'll move past it, just takes some time, I think me not being around will be good tho... I do really wanna stay friends with u, your one of the only guys I can actually talk to and get what I'm saying!)

(me: I don't know when you left that's when it all kicked in. I just have one more question. I'm not saying its going to happen but if you ever do brake up with your boyfriend. Can we just go out 1 time?)

(her: I dunno.. I don't see us breaking up.. but we"ll see if that happens...)

we still text and everything but I always have to text first. I thought she liked me we would always flirt and stuff at work even the manager came in and stop flirting she would drive me home from work and everything. But I think she just got back with her boyfriend they keep braking up I believe SO I don;t know if I should keep being friends with her and text her like every second day and see if I got a chance if she brakes up with her boyfriend or should I just stop texting her and try to forget about her?

Weird she sent me a text out of nowhere so now I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop putting pressure on her. She wants to make things work with her boyfriend and she clearly knows that you're an option if she changes her mind about a relationship with you. I doubt that will happen, but fretting over it and bringing it up to her only push her away. Move on and look for someone that wants to be with you. If she changes her mind and things don't work with her boyfriend, you'll be the first to know.

• alright thanks for the advice so should I stop texting her or text her but only 1 ever like 6 days.

• You give some good advice thanks So I will just talk to her if she messages me first. I will just be her friend and who knows maybe sometime down the road she will date me.

• I've been in a similar situation. It may be a long way down the road, but if you're there as a friend she'll know she can come to you and if you keep it platonic and she does end things with her boyfriend, wait until it settles down and then test the waters.