I send him thoughtful texts. What are his actions telling me?

So I've been casually dating this guy for a couple of months. When we're together, he's into me, and we get along great. There is definitely potential there. However, when we're apart (we live in different cities, just 40 min away) he doesn't call unless I initiate first. For example, I'm a thoughtful person, so I like to text Good morning, hope you have a great day, etc. He never responds. Last night he text me saying he was asleep all day, and asked how I was. I responded, I'm OK. And that was it, he never followed up with anything else. This was at 9:30 at night, after "sleeping" all day. To me, this texting thing is a little impersonal. We practically are in a relationship. I'm sensing something is a little off. Because I'm feeling this way, I've chosen to back off.

Should I distance myself and let him come to me, or talk to him about how this makes me feel? Honestly, I don't feel like we want the same things, and maybe he's not sure himself about me, which is why he seems scarce. Help!

What Guys Said 1

• communication problem - sit him down and iron things out, let both of you come clean, if the relationship will end, then so be it, if there is something going on that can be fixed then work it out

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend doesn't like to talk on the phone either..he just likes to text me and the text are just like you said "impersonal". We live 2 hours away from each other so it really sucks. I hate it so I told him that we have a rule and the rule is he has to call me everyday and talk for at least 20 minutes. I think distancing yourself will only make the situation worse. Maybe you should question him.