Should I stay, or should I go?

This guy, he's my friend, and I love him even though we've never been together, and I've known him for 5 years and he knows I like him more than friends yet he goes and dates everyone else. And when there is a bit of chance he does like me back, it changes in a moment and it turns out that he liked someone else, and I don't think I can just stand around anymore and wait? what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you can't handle that you should let him go. Either just be friends or move on and accept that there won't be anything more than that. In order for him to like an pursue you, there must be a change that causes that to happen. Things as they are will not do anything more for you and so waiting for him to come to you isn't your best option.

What Guys Said 2

• Forget him.

Surely, easier said than done... truth is it seems (from my perspective), you're the rebound/bench-warmer who is interested in him and he knows (guys can sense) you like him. So he puts you on his roster for back-up just in case all the relationships he's had fails and has no one to turn to.

Break the friendship and avoid at all costs.

• MOVE ON...

If you have not closed the deal...there is a reason...find someone/thing to occupy your time and enjoy yourself...if you want to find out his real feelings...try to make him really really angry ( not at you..) ..or jealous... then his real feelings should surface...but only if you really really like him...

What Girls Said 2

• I think with this you have to figure out if you think your friendship is worth it.

I went through the same thing with my best friend and came to the ultimate decision that yeah I love him, but before I fell in love with him I loved him as my best friend, and if I can't be with him as a girlfriend instead of making it awkward or potentially destroying what we have I'd rather swallow my feelings and keep him in my life as my best friend.

And I'm sorry but if its been 5 years and he knows that you like him as more than a friend and hasn't done anything in return I don't think he's going to anytime soon :(, its up to you to figure out if you can just be friends with this guy and if you can't handle that you might just have to break it off

• I would definitely try and move on. You don't have to never see him again but maybe abit of space will help. It doesn't sound like he likes you, or maybe he's scared you's will loose what you's have.You's have been friends for 5 yrs. either way your getting hurt, so space is my suggestion. Just until your over him :)