So I met this girl online?

Alright, so I made a profile on this site called Myyearbook. I wasn't really intending to find a date or anything like that on it, just trying to make friends. Well, I met this girl on there that I've started getting to know a lot better through texting and talking on the phone. She's beautiful, smart, funny, and has a great personality: everything that I look for in a girl. The only thing I'm hesitant about it the whole meeting her online thing. I mean, she seems really genuine, and I really like her, and she really likes me, but I don't really know if it's right to see if we can make this work. If anyone wants to give their opinion, it would be very helpful. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it a long-distance type of thing, or do you guys live nearby? Because if you do, you should ask her to meet up for a coffee or something. That'll take it out of the online setting, and you might be able to more easily figure out if you guys click in the real world, and whether you can make it work with her.

I don't think the fact that you met her online should be a really big factor if she really is "everything you look for in a girl." You don't find that a lot!

I get that it feels like a strange way to meet someone, since I'm kind of in the same boat. I just signed up for an online dating site a couple of weeks ago looking to make some friends, and I met a guy I really like... You should look at my question, I'd love a guy's perspective.

• I've decided that I'm gonna keep it at a "just friends" level. She lives a half hour away, which might not seem like a lot, but it kinda is, especially when I don't have a license. I think it will be better this way.

What Girls Said 9

• I think that it depends on how far you guys live...I actually met the guy I'm dating right now on a random chat room. We got along great and have been going out for about 4 months. He lives 2 hours away and visits me about once a week just because it's convenient due to the fact that his school is an hour and a half my way. The point is that if you guys can find a way to make it work, it could be awesome! (: Jic I also video chatted with him many times to make sure he was legit. Good luck! (:

• i don't see any problem in it. the only problem might be that people usually use to lie in such relations. so be careful about it and if you can make to meet her in real.

• It's the new meeting at a bar.

Make sure she's king enough to lie for you when people ask how you met!

• the purpose of myyearbook is kinda for finding dates and such :) you should go for it

• If you guys live close enough you should meet up before you fall to hard for her and end up finding out that he she has lied about something.

• No matter what you do, honestly, is be safe if/when you go to meet her. Even after knowing someone from online for years I still can't believe how almost stupid I was when we went to meet in person

• awwh , buut you cann still meet her as a friend ?

• That's a great idea. Obviously keep it safe, but online dating is just like in person except not.

• online dating is nothing different from any other way of meeting peoplle

What Guys Said 5

• WOW! I'm on that site too. And if you want to hear about my experience with meeting a girl on there, I'll tell you. If you could care less though, I'd understand. Just let me know. It's possibly the worst story ever. And it's bound to make you feel better about yourself. lol.

• I use that site too... try & meet her in person so you don't regret it. But I would webcam with her first to make sure she's the real deal before you agree to meet up, there are a lot of freaks in this world lol.

• be safe... online can be dangerous but if you guys are so compatible and she's as good as you say pursue it. I met an amazing girl online once and went after it.. she's my fiancee now

• check my profile and read my story thing...

i say go for it bro :)

• Yeah that would be kinda weird