I broke up with a guy, and now him and my friend are dating.

I broke up with a guy and now he is dating my friend. I still like him and we are still friends but I was about to ask him back out. Now what do I do?

please answer asap! I need help now! I don't want to ruin my friendship with either of them but do I do that?

oh and tips on how to stop the awkwardness when me my friend and him hang out will help too.
and by breaking up I mean he broke up with me and then sent me a text saying he made a mistake and would I take him back and I said no. just to clarify.

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly, there is nothing much you can do but wish them the best and wait it out. be a friend to both, but don't interfere with the relationship. if you do you will risk losing 2 friends. then if/when they break up (which they probably will, because I'm guessing you are in high school) then you can start to try to get with the guy again. just make sure you don't make a move too soon after they break up, because that will make you look heartless as well

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• There's nothing you can do. Just accept their relationship and move on.

• yea your right I guess

• Wow, what a friend..

You can't do much really. He's not with you, he's with her and you can't change that without ruining a friendship. What you should do is wait and see if their relationship works out. If it does it means that they really like each other, so you should hold back. But if it doesn't work, be a friend to both of then, wait a while, and then do what you feel like doing.

• There's not much you can do in this situation, particularly because you're the one who did the dumping. If you interfere, then you risk losing a friend. Also, if you try to go for him now, your ex might think that you only want him just because your friend has him.

Wait to see if the relationship works out and if it doesn't, then make a move. You shouldn't have to worry about your friend at that point - after all, she had no problem dating him right after you broke up.

• awful situation. but I would sit him down and talk to him about this and see if he still has feelings for you