Should a guy pay on the first date?

I'm thinking about respectful guys

Most Helpful Guy

• yes

What Guys Said 3

• If I do pay for the date than the women should at least offer to cover the tip, because that is polite. The next date should be her treat. Every subsequent date should be split. This is also polite

• In my opinion the answer is always yes, especially if he asked you out. The only time I don't pay is if the girl I'm out with insists that she pay for her portion of the date...I suppose it might be okay too if the guy didn't have any money or a job I guess.

• I agree, it'd be different if they were both students, so in that case it would be nice to take turns. Is it ever awkward for you? And if a girl insists that she pays I hear a guy wouldn't have as much respect for her as he should.

• No. In fact respect is gained for me because it shows she is independent and won't be the clingy-type.

• If he does the asking out, then yes. If the girl does the asking out, then she should be willing and ready to pay for it.

What Girls Said 2

• Heck ya its tradition

• Yess!