Do you like when people text you everyday?

Could be just in general, like friends or family, or someone you're dating.

In my case, Alex text has texted me every single day since we hung out this past weekend... I don't like carrying out convos. over text because it's boring and I have better things to do. But on the same token, I don't want to seem like a bitch and ignore him completely.

Does anyone else get annoyed when their phone is constantly going off and there is no substance in the text?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do I like when people text me everyday: Depends on the timing and frequency of text, and who texted me. Generally, neither like nor hate :)

Do I get annoyed with constant phone alert and meaningless text: Yes.

Reply him not too often but consistently. Let him know if you are busy and not replying. If he's considerate and understanding, he'll get the message ;) x

What Guys Said 5

• For that person I don't really care to talk to - I either ignore, or I just say I'm watching a movie, or playing a game. You'll obviously get the "what are you watching/playing" text. And then you reply, and after that - ignore for the next few hours/days. I don't care if I come off as a d***. It'll make them get the picture quicker. - For yourself, you should scratch that notion of seeming like a bitch.

The person I date, obviously - she's a key interest nowadays. And family goes 50/50.

• Not constantly, but I'm fine if a buddy texts me during the day. Assuming he's not talking about something random and is talking about something that we can keep a convo going, then it's cool. But I get annoyed sometimes when someone keeps texting me non-stop and I get tired of texting back.

• I rarely text anyone, but when I do get texts, I try to keep the conversation as short as possible.

• Back when I had a phone, I would have killed to have someone text me at all, never mind all the time.

• I love when the girl I like and I message back and forth. If we did that every single day, I'd be super happy!

• Does she see you post about her all over the place? Just curious lol.

• Really? Awesome! I hope she really is smiling :D

• Awe. To be young and in love. :)

What Girls Said 8

• I text everyday with this one guy I met at camp about two years ago. It's not like a constant back and forth text, we've kinda figured it out to where we're both comfortable texting back if it's convenient, no pressure. It's a continuing conversation, and sometimes we'll go a few days without saying much.

I don't text other friends too much, there are probably only two people I text with any regularity. Usually it's about meeting up to hang out anyway. And, if I really don't want to text at that moment, I just say I have to go work on homework or something, which is true most of the time anyway ; )

Family texts are probably the most relaxed since half the time I end up answering their questions/comments in person, I live with them after all.

I don't mind texting every day as long as it doesn't drag on and waste loads of my time. Also, I usually stop texting if I'm getting back a lot of one word answers, it's annoying to be the only one to think of things to say. With Alex, don't feel obligated to force the conversation,it's normal if it dies out. And, don't feel bad about making an excuse to stop texting either, it's understandable = )

• Well, I don't have unlimited texting so I'm glad people don't text me often =P

If I did though I might be annoyed. It isn't exactly the funnest thing to do trying to form words with small letters...and talking to people irl and just talking over the phone seem better anyways.

• Sometimes. If my family texts me, I'll always respond. They don't too often though.

Otherwise, I just call everybody else on the phone.

• I'm a big time texter,but I also could appreciate a day of having zero messages.

• Yeah I get annoyed by text messaging. I mean, its like why don't you just call me? It's much easier.

The only time I liked being texted every single day by the same person was when I was talking to this one guy and I really liked him and we always had the most enjoyable conversations. :)

• I like to text so its not a problem. But if its someone I don't really like then I'll just not text back or tell them I'm busy at the moment.

• i love texting. it's so much easier than calling cause I can reply when I want to and when I have time

• If I'm texting a guy I'm really into..no there is no problem

But if it's just a friend checking in and stuff I keep it short