What does a kiss on the forehead mean?

I met a guy (blind date). We have been out 3 times. He is quite quiet. At the end of each date he has hugged me and then kissed me on the forehead, or the forehead followed by the cheek. We have held hands and hugged. What does the kiss on the forehead mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• a kiss on the forehead is the akward guy's way of saying he'd like to kiss you on the lips, but is waiting for an engraved invite so he doesn't have to worry about getting slapped for being presumptious.

my advise, if you like him, next time he start to plant one on yer forehead, be forward, grab his head, and show him how its done!.

• So, basically the overall conclusion is that he does like me and actually does want to kiss me?! On the first date we had a meal and then went for a walk at night, he held my hand and then walked with his arm around me, then we sat and hugged, then before we left he hugged me, held my face between his hands and kissed me on the forehead. The second date he hugged me good bye again and then kissed me on the forehead again. The 3rd date he hugged me, kissed me on the forehead and then on thecheek

• For gods sake why are you WAITING for him to make all the moves??? women don't need permission like men do to kiss, grope, grind...or anything else!!!

if a guy EVER is put off by a girl initiating ANYTHING, he needs to be dope-slapped!!

frankly if any attractive woman came up to me and shoved her tongue down my mouth...the only response I would give is "thank you ma'am, may I have another?!" =)

• OK, I get your point. I do see how it might be difficult for men because they don't want to make a move and get rejected. From a girls perspective though you don't want to take charge and make him feel less of a man, or be rejected yourself, or scare him off by getting too serious too soon. So I supose both parties just kind of wait for a sign from the other.

What Guys Said 3

• Kiss on the forehead when you have a girlfriend means that's just another affection sign so is respect and appreciation.when dating, and given your circumstances, I would say the guy does like you and doesn't see you as a piece of meat to be used and be discarded.

• So, it is actually a good thing then?! He likes me and does care and respect me then?!! Dpes that mean he does actually want to kiss me?

• It shows respect. People kiss children, daughters, and so forth on the head. He's showing he respects you and cares about you.

And, most importantly, that he wants to take care of you.

Well, that's what a kiss on the forehead means.

• the meaning of kiss on the forehead explained here by the experts: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q10647-what-does-kiss-on-forehead-mean

What Girls Said 4

• In my experience I've found the kiss on the the forehead thing to be more promising than someone shoving their tongue down your throat on a first date. I think it shoes respect and it's the sign that they actually like you/they aren't just trying to get in your pants. I think it's sweet, and extremely meaningful when men do this.

• Yeah I agree. I would have been a bit put off if he had done tha straight away. Do you think that I'll get a proper kiss on my 4th date then?!

• My fingers are crossed for you! He's probably an extremely sweet guy, and maybe kind of quiet or shy even? If you don't get the kiss you're hoping for soon it could be because of his shyness, not because he isn't into you. So, when/if you're comfortable with it, take charge and kiss him on the lips and let him know that it's okay, and that you're into him. : ) Good luck!

• I use to kiss my mom on the forehead when I was 4 and my mom said she had a headache. lol. It's just like a sweet little show of affection. lol. He probably cares for you but the forehead is more of a family/friend thing. Not like a girlfriend thing

• a kiss on the forehead means kinder what the person below me said. he's a gentlemen obviously; he's not focing you into doing anything you don't wanna do, so a kiss on the forehead is just to start of with,

• He wouldn’t kiss you at all if he didn’t like you! Maybe he doesn’t want to seem like he's moving in too fast! Seems like this guy is a total catch! Lucky you! =)

• Thanks for your opinion. He is vvvvvvvvv quiet. He seems to have a sense of humour coming through though. I'll just see how it goes. I just don't want to mke the first move in case it freaks him out.