How often do I contact this girl?

A girl I have known for a while (since we were 12; we are 22 now) and I have resumed contact as we are done with school and around the same area. I never tried to hook up with her but want to now. How do I tell if I am in the friend zone?

I can't tell if I have a shot. She always flirts but works all the time and always says stuff like "call me this weekend but I don't think I can meet up" or "I would love to go out tomorrow but I think I have to work". " we are def. going to hang out in the near future", etc.

How often should I email/text her? Every week or so? I have been doing it less frequently.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you can tell if you're in the friend zone simply by how she acts around you. If you notice she's a little more shy and reserved around you than with other people then she's into you for sure. Also, when you talk on the phone with her, what types of things does she talk about with you? If you find she talks a lot about the future and what she wants in life and if she probes you for answers to "where do you see yourself in 5 years", "what do you usually do for fun on the weekends" and other types of questions that involve her trying to dig up some information on you, then I would say she likes you for sure. If she starts talking about mutual friends, or "remember when." moments, other guys/past relationships, getting her eyebrows waxed, her split ends. etc, etc, basically any type of convo that she would have with her mother/sister/girlfriend, then you're in the friend zone. Pay attention to how she acts and what she says, then you'll get your answer.

Oh, and there's never "too often" to contact her; if you're friends as of now, there's no limit to how often you should contact her; girls love talking on the phone, recieving text messages and emails, it makes us feel special. As long as you don't bombard her with messages and phone calls then I'm sure she's LOVING the attention from you. And if she doesn't, you'll know (she'll probably ignore you or take a really long time to respond).

Good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• don't back off look for signs of more than best friend with opposite sex flirting get close to breaking the friend barrier and see how she reacts if she freaks out your in the friend zone and if she gets even closer your getting close to a relationship so good luck to you

What Guys Said 3

• If you're not moving toward a romantic relationship, you're in The Friend Zone, and it doesn't matter what you do.

P.S.: When a woman wants to date you, she finds a way. You have all the clues you need. Move on.

• every other day.

• that's normal.