Is there an age limit?

There's this guy...and we get along really well. he's sweet, funny, cute, etc. the only problem is that he is 29 years old and I'm, well, under 21 (but over 18 of course). is it wrong for me to become romantically involved with him? or is there an age limit, even though I am a legal adult?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. You're a legal Adult. Your age limit is basically 18 and up as far as you want it to go. lol I'm 20 years old and dated a 26 year old before. You set your own limit basically. You shouldn't care what others might think if that's what you're worried about.

What Guys Said 5

• Legally, there's nothing to stop you. Personally, I wouldn't. Whether I was the guy or the girl, the younger or the older. My personal rule of thumb, 5 year age difference older or younger. That's a 10 year span of people and even then I only really feel most comfortable with 2 years older/younger.

You can do whatever you want, just don't do it for things (money, favors, etc) and don't do it for sex. And don't do it if he's only interested in sex. There's plenty of guys your own age looking to get laid, it's really not that hard to find someone if you try.

If you honestly believe he likes you and you really do like him then feel free to try, I hope it works for you.

• No, but why are you trying to grow up so fast. You should try to enjoy your prime life. When I see girls dating 30+ year old men I think they only want to settle down.

• Love knows no age and whatnot.

But! Realize this. He might just try and use you for sex. It's an ego boost for some man-children to have sex with a girl so much younger than them and so they do it just for that. So don't rush into anything and make sure you know his intentions. I.e. you make his ass wait months lol.

• Gonna default to XKCD for this one, the basic law of dating to not qualify for creepy is never date younger then (your age/2) +7, where your age is the changebale variable, this said, he can date as low as 19 (roughly) if you are 19+ then you're good, go for it.

• wait 29, woops I thought I saw 24, OK 21. Still I think you're good.

• i don't see a problem with it. and to quote my friend who quoted someone else. love is ageless.

i've dated women as much as fifteen years older than me

What Girls Said 0