He always tells me about other girls but he called me "his girl"?

We aren't dating but I guess you could say we are unofficially together. When ever I mention talking to a guy he gets a little jealous. Not in a bad way, I just don't think he's completely confident in himself and my feelings for him. Recently, he keeps bringing up girls that want to hang out with him. I really think he does it just to see if I get jealous. Does that seem right? Also, a girl called him today asking him on a double date and he said "I have a girl, sorry". What's it mean if a guy refers to you as his girl? We aren't a couple so that's why I'm curious.

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like he's purposely telling you about these other girls so that you get jealous. And if he's doing that then I would also say that he gets a more than just a little jealous when you mention talking to a guy, he just doesn't show it that much. It's not cool, but it happens. It's really only something that you can fix through communication.

As far what it means when he refers to you as 'his girl', it's pretty much what it sounds like. He considers the two of you together. If you're okay with that or not, you should definitely clarify it.

What Girls Said 1

• i think he is doing it to test out how youd react.. and if he calls you his girl then he probably thinks you guys are together. I knew a guy before who assumed that he and this girl were going out because he asked her on a date, when she was still all like *when is he going to ask me to be his girlfriend?* so I guess the best thing to do is to clear it up with him, establish what your relationship actually is. unless of course you don't really care and are just happy with whatever it is now