What are you views on dating multiple people at the same time?

Do you live it? Do you think it's the wrong thing to do? Some say the best course of action is to let the people that you're dating know that they aren't the "only one", but suppose they're the type that pulls away because of that?

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think dating several people at once is fine as long as there is no physical intimacy. So, no hand holding, kissing and, of course, sex.

Dating should be about finding someone you like enough to explore developing an emotional connection with. Once you actually start going down that path with one person, well you should not be seeing anyone else because it would just be plain insincere. So, for me, that means after a few dates I would make a choice of not seeing anyone else or I would choose to stop seeing that person.

And, yes, you do risk losing someone by doing this. Some people just don't like this idea at all. Now, if what you want is multiple sex partners, well you shouldn't be dating, but should show a much more casual interest in a person that is mainly revolving around sex. I am not for this type of deal but some people are, and that is very different from dating. In a case like that, you would want to be up front with anyone you are seeing that you do not want a relationship and are not going to be exclusive to them.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's fine as long as you're honest with everyone involved.

I think it's good to keep your options open, see different people and get to know them before deciding if you want to get in a relationship with one person. For a lot of people, the alternative is engaging in serial monogamy---dating someone and then ditching them when you find someone "better".

That said, I don't think its always easy. If you choose to get in a relationship with one person over someone else, that other person might end up hurt and you may lose their friendship, for example.

• i personally don't like it and don't do it. but I expect it from others

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think I could do it for myself, I wouldn't feel comfortable. I would rather try to get to know a girl, then decide if I want to keep seeing her or not. I wouldn't feel comfortable dating multiple girls because it seems insincere and like it will cause drama. Plus I just don't want to focus on more than one person at a time.

But anymore, our generation doesn't "date". We simply hang out with people and meet up with them at places to get to know each other in a friendly way. It is hardly formal like in "the old days". I'm not against that either, whatever works is fine by me. I don't see the need to be overly formal about things.

• LEGALIZE POLYGAMY