Should I stop dating?

I think I was setting my standards to high when I was younger without a child. Now that I 'm in my mid 20's with a child I tried to set my standards a little lower and look past flaws of other guys. I recently had a boyfriend but it ended really abruptly and previous to that I hadn't dated anyone in 8 months. I'm now setting my standards high again but I can't find anyone that I like as much as the last guy. I don't know if I'm ready to date at all. I'm really confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• See, I'm the kind of person that thinks you weren't setting your standards high ENOUGH when you were younger, else you might not be a single mother.

So now that you have a child, of course, the wisest thing would be to raise your standards. You're not just looking for a man whose company you enjoy and whom you can grow to love and possibly be with for a lifetime, but also someone who isn't averse to fatherhood. Because of your situation, there are going to be exponentially more men out there that won't meet the higher standards that your situation requires. Divorced fathers or widowed fathers might fit the bill for you more than you might think, because they've already made a paradigm shift regarding responsibility -- they know what it takes to be a successful father, and they might have made some mistakes that they've had to learn from if they're divorced.

Set your standards as high as you think you can stand. It will take longer for you to find someone you are completely compatible with, but in the end you'll thank yourself. Your child will thank you as well.

• I agree! Standards need to stay high, maybe more so now that you have a child^^

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not ready to date, either. Doesn't stop me, because if I don't date, I'll never be ready.

Get out there, stay out there; he's out there.

• get out there.

• no keep trying.

What Girls Said 1

• There is nothing wrong with having high standards especially now that you should be pickier due to the fact that it's not just you anymore. You have a child involved too.Take it slow and get to know the guys before rushing into anything. If you feel you aren't ready even in the slightest bit than that's ok. Take the time you need until you feel ready to date again.