Would you ever date a girl that was fat?

By "Fat" I mean anywhere from 160-260 lbs. Not discovery-channel-morbidly-obese.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd personally choose to be with her if she was fat for whatever reason and try and help her work out :P hell, it'll help me work out too. I hate working out alone and I generally just go for walks (except when it's so god damn cold as it is now and I'm so damn busy) and even that is boring by myself.

I mean, if their only problem is "they're fat" but they're awesome in every other way. I'm going to still be interested. Yes they should take their health seriously, but no they shouldn't be demonized or anything because of it. I mean, hell, doing so may make her more depressed and turn to food or something.

So ya, no big deal. If it's a medical thing, well I'll still try and help her stay healthy. It's all good.

What Guys Said 6

• ~200 would probably be the upper limit for me... and that's being generous assuming she's the same height as me (5'9''). Any shorter and the upper weight limit drops as well.

Assuming no medical problems involved, it's not that hard to lose weight. I used to be fat, I dropped 60 lbs in 2 years without problems/suffering.

• I would not but don't think of me as a bad person as that's my personal choise and my taste just like women wouldn't date a guy shorter then them. I take care of my body in what I eat plus I go to the gym 4 days a week, not that I would expect the same as I find curvy girls as sexy as slim girls.

As we get older we do put on some extra fat, I just see no need to get a head start on it.

• not really. it wouldn't be fair to me because I work out hard and try to eat right to stay in shape (kind of).

• It depends on height and bodyfat precentage, if you were 7 feet tall, 160 lbs would be skinny lol. Anyways keep it between 15% and 20% bodyfat and everyone should be happy

• i would, but I wouldn't take her to a restaurant.. maybe a buffet

• Yeah. Iffy about the high end on that though.

What Girls Said 2

• 200 and more IS morbidly obese!

• That totally depends on your height and why you're fat...

If you're fat because you're too lazy to put down the fried chicken and get your ass to the gym, then I would hope no guy would date you. No one wants a partner who doesn't even take their own health seriously. Plus, if you're not motivated or driven to at least take care of yourself, how could you possibly be adequate at extending yourself in a relationship, for the sake of another person or being hard-working in other areas (school, career)?

But if you have a medical condition, then I would hope any guy would understand and be kind to that fact. Weight can always be lost, but a good personality is forever.