How do you feel after knowing it is truly over?

Well I couldn't resist temptation and I texted my ex.

I stopped texting her because she wasn't sure the two of us would work, and she didn't want to take a chance on us, despite telling me she loved me. She did the breaking up 3 months ago, leaving me for another guy(one of her exes) and stupid me waited for her to break up with him and give me another go, which she didn't end up doing, she just saw me twice and said how amazing it was and how "perfect" it felt.

But I digress, I did text her and asked if she thought we were over. She said that she did, and I said goodbye. She seemed fine with it, and we exchanged a few more text messages before I finally said fairwell.

So now I am sitting here, pretty much knowing it is truly over between me and her. I am not doing the friends thing, and with her behavior as of late, she could always flip flop and come back to me. Or try too, either way I guess time will tell.

And as I sit here, I don't feel sad, or mad, or anything really. I almost feel relieved to know that I can move on without worrying about how she is feeling and if she is coming back. Well, she could try and come back, but as of right now I don't believe she will.

So how do you all feel after knowing there is no chance of getting back together?

And if you want to comment on my situation feel free.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never say never, I am sure her ex thought it was over for good too?

Still, maybe this girl just likes to play with guys and leave them hanging. You might not be the only one wondering.

So don't waste time and energy chasing after her. Look for someone new and if she does try to get back together, think about it carefully. That would mean she has broken up twice with the ex she is with now, once with you, and since you refer to her 'exes' in the plural, who knows how many other break-ups

Maybe.you should declare it over for good and refuse to answer her if she contacts you again!

It might save you a lot of time and heartache.energy better spent on someone a little less flighty!

• Oh I am definitely done chasing after her and trying to make her see the light, that is something she will have to discover on her own. I think she will realize her mistake though, I treated her like the princess I thought she was. So I have made my peace with her and will try dating someone new, in time she will probably contact me again, but I will ignore it. Thanks for the advice!

• Thanks for the thanks. It's nice to know when the advice is appreciated

• Consider voting me best answer!

What Girls Said 2

• I'm glad you are taking things this way, is the best way. Unfortunately, not everybody is like you. Is really painful to let go, at least for me is being that way since the guy I was having a relationship treat me like a queen in all aspect and all of the sudden without warning decided to end the relationship with me. It hurst and it hurst a lot. Just the thought of him being with somebody else kills me inside, but it is what it is!

• Same with my relationship. I treated her like a queen as well, but without warning she ended it with me for her ex whom she fought with, which absolutely blew my mind, and I was depressed for a couple months. She dumped him of course and saw me twice, but she just didn't think we'd work I guess. It does hurt a lot, truly. I am sorry for you, but trust me when I say that you will hear from your ex again once he realizes his mistake. Everything happens for a reason, right?

• GIRL USUSALLY THIN KYOUR NOT SUPPOESED TO GO OUT WITH YOUR EX'S INLESS YOU SEE THE FLAW AND CAN FIX IT BEFORE YOU HATE EACHOTHER.

What Guys Said 5

• I usually feel like moving on. I run through mistakes I made ("stupid me") and decide on what I'll do in the future, Then I start dating again.

My comment: real relationships occur in person. Texts, phone calls, e-mails are either setting up the next date or wasting time.

• Yes I completely agree on the comment. She wouldn't meet me in person to discuss anything because she said "you know how hard it is for me to see you", which makes me think when she sees me those feelings come back. As far as I know though, me and her are completely over with. Whether she contacts me or not is her choice.

• I felt like my life sucked in all aspects and that without her I didn't really have anything meaningful in life left since I neglected all my friends to hang out with her, so all my friends ditched me. And now I really don't have anything to do after school anymore and I go home like a loser and just do my homework and then cry myself to sleep.

• I know the feeling. I did the same thing when my ex broke my heart 3 months ago. Then she did it again 2 and a half months later. You, and I for that matter, are still young. Women will come and go. Yes, we love the girls we had beyond anything in the world, and would no doubt do anything to get them back. You never know though. Keep your chin up and tell yourself that if it is meant to be then you will have her again. Just believe and have hope.

• Thanks =]

That helped a lot.

• Wow.It's relieveing to know that since you wouldn't be bothered with her thoughts of coming back.I felt free and started to stare at ladies behinds and and felt no guilty and am fine.I think you are now free to flirt and do other stuff that you couldn't do when she was there.I think it's nice to be single again since my girl left me.I think I enjoyed being with her and wanna make it better even in her absence and I think you should do same!

• Honestly I think she will come back. I believe she is confused and doesn't know what she wants, but the next guy might make her realize how great I was. But I really don't care if she does or doesn't, its her choice. But it is nice looking at other women and not feeling guilty, and looking forward to new first kisses and someone new to care about. She broke my heart, but that is life and it will be hers to regret. Just gotta keep on keepin' on, and if it is meant to be then that's that.

• looking forward to the future.

• relieved.