What is he trying to say when he kisses me on the forehead for no apparent reason?

I started dating my boyfriend in early November. Thus far it has been like no other relationship I have ever been in. Previous to him lets just say my choice in men has not been very good at all. Other than each of us telling the other than we really care about each other, there has been no verbal statement made about how we feel about each other (i.e. I love you). When I did ask him about emotional feeling early on and how he would react if something was said. He became very uncomfortable and said there was no need to rush things because he was still trying to figure out what it is he is feeling for me, however, he did admit that I mean more to him than he ever expected. A few months have passed we are still going strong. I have never had to pay for a thing on a date, even though I offer. He comes to my place and I to his. He as introduced me to his sister (we hit it off big by the way and they are very close). As of late though he as been doing little things like: massaging my neck and shoulders for no reason, kissing me on the forehead awake or asleep just because, if I am asleep on his chest and try to move he holds me close until I relax into my sleep again. Recently he brought me my first gift, jewelry; custom made necklace, earrings and bracelet. I am starting to wonder if he is the type that shows how he feels with his actions and not words. I will say this, we were both raised by military dad's and they are not much for telling anyone how they feel about them. Unfortunately we were both raised that way too. In closing hopefully someone out there can help me with my confusion...

Most Helpful Girl

• I HAVE TO AGREE WITH TOULOUSE...A KISS ON THE FOREHEAD REPRESENTS THAT YOU USUALLY CARE DEEPLY FOR SOMEONE AND ALSO CUSTOM MADE JEWELRY IS KIND OF A SERIOUS TYPE GIFT. SOUNDS LIKE HE IS BETTER WITH ACTIONS THAN WORDS FOR EXPRESSING HIS FEELINGS. DOESN'T SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

• thanks, you have said what I have been thinking all along...but I have that ugly little voice in my head that rears up once in a while; that says if he doesn't tell you how he feels then there is something wrong...however, in my past relationships the guys would say "i love you" all the time but their words were meaning less and empty...after thinking on it, I would much rather have it this way than the other...

What Guys Said 1

• it sounds as though he's a really nice guy(maybe he's been hurt in the past maybe reason for moving slowly)

i have a guide line for girls that gives them a fairly good indication of how a guy will treat you in a relationship

1. how does he treat people in general(poorly or well)

2. how does he treat other female classmates or co workers (poorly or well)

3. how does he treat female family members (poorly or well)

4. how did he treat former gf's if known ask them(poorly or well)

if you get more wells than poorly's you've got a pot of gold your sitting on don't lose it

and it sounds as though he treats his sister well if they get along and are that close

so does this clear up any confusion on your part

also noticed this post is 6 months old with no updates recently please up date

What Girls Said 2

• Military brat here lol. I don't think you're confused at all. You hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

"...shows how he feels with his actions and not words."

I think it's great that your relationship is going so well. I love that kissy kissy on the forehead stuff -what a lovey he is.

:)

• When I kiss people on the forehead it means I care about them :)