Why would he stand me up?

So I met a guy online on a dating site. We seemed to really hit it off , and texted and talked on the phone a lot. Then we were supposed to go out. He bailed on me a few hours before hand due to a family emergency, but we set it up for a few days later. Then the day of nothing no returning my phone call or text confirming so I stupidly went anyway just in case his phone was having problems and nothing. He never showed even though he kept telling me how excited he was to meet me for like a week. So what gives?

To be honest I kind of thought that he may have lied. I mean we saw pictures of each other and there was a person at the bar by themselves, but they were easily 10 years older than he was supposed to be. I mean I'm 28 I don't want a guy pushing 50.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree probably the nerves. Could also been watching you at the venue to see if you were what he expected. if he knew what you were gonna wear or sould easily spot you that could be the case. Hell I met a chick online, we talked for about 2 weeks. Went out for dinner, then for coffee. Sat down and just bullsh*tted, no nervousness or anything. Then I never heard back from her. maybe She wanted prince charming & someone that would sweep her off her feet & bring her roses & crap.

I don't think dating sites are flawed, I think most of the people on them have too many expectations going into it where no one could live up to the picture perfect partner.

Like making a list of demands for requirements which dwindles down 99% of the population...wait what was the question?

What Guys Said 3

• Easily could be he knew you wouldn't be interested. Plus, I can tell you a lot of guys including me just make internet dates to see if the women who show up are anything like their profiles.

WE just watch them from a distance, don't have any intention of dating. It's just a practical joke.

• He might have lied about things like his physical appearance, and chickened out at the end.

• He saw what you looked like and bailed. Sorry we're shallow.

What Girls Said 4

• How old is this guy? It's pretty immature of him to do that, he should have just said so if he didn't want to meet up for whatever reason.

You deserve better than that so don't chase after him, if he comes back and wants to talk etc then hear him out and see what explanation he has but don't waste your time on someone who isn't willing to give some time to you :)

x

• COWARD! he lied about something, Age, looks, who he really was. He chickend out for whatever reason. You don't want a man like that. He may have a girlfriend or a wife. You never know.

• This just happened to me. Met a guy online, chatted for a bit and then text msgs. Whenever he would txt, it was always "hello", nothing more! Made a "coffee" date and he was a no-show. I text him to see if he was hiding (lol) and he told me he was at work, sorry. He apologized again later that night and I told him to never contact me again. Don't have time for games.

• Nerves! He is probably afraid of rejection, and while he really wants to meet you, his nerves have gotten the best of him. It is also likely that he may have lied about something (e.g., age, height, looks). In any case, a guy who is unreliable and a flake is not attractive. It gets old fast. If you really like him though, you can give him a chance to explain himself; let him contact you. Then it is up to you if you want to give him a third chance.