Why do guys take so long to text their girlfriend back?

I was just wondering. I usually wait for forever for my boyfriend to text back. I know he loves me etc, and he's not doing anything bad. But why do you do it?

Do you know how crazy it can drive a girl at times? literally, most of us, sit there with our phone in our hand waiting for a reply.

And why do you send such short replies.. which are simple like.. "lol" ":P" "xxx" why not ask us stuff? I don't know. Make a conversation?

Or maybe its me, being paranoid?

What Guys Said 2

• We are guys. If you have figured it out already there aren't many of us who like to talk a whole lot. If you want conversation the best bet is to ask open ended questions. Don't ask us stuff that can be answered with a yes or no. You are almost guaranteed to get a yes or a no and that is it if you asked a closed ended question.

If you want to lose a guy, make sure he can't spend any time away from you or make sure he feels like he has to tell you every movement he makes by text.

If we are with other guys the reason we don't text back right away is that we don't want to make it seem like we have to. We want to feel like we are in control.

• Because typing texts on a phone is annoying, and I can't be bothered to check this thing ever freaking time another text comes in. Stop texting so much and just call on my lunch break ffs.

:P

Yes, you are being paranoid. Conversations are for conversations, not SMS.

What Girls Said 0