I can't go on facebook chat because I'm scared the girl I like is going to be online, is this normal?

Stupid facebook chat won't let you see who is online before you log in so I'm afraid that the girl I'm dating will be online. The problem is I would love to chat with her, but I don't want to appear needy. But at the same time I don't want to log in and ignore her because that looks bad. What do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• log on if she's there say hi then do whatever it is you would do if she wasn't there saying hi acknowledges that you know she's on and you are willing to chat if SHE wants that way you don't seem needy (I doubt she would think you were any way) and your not ignoring her (which your right that would be bad) AND it puts the ball in her court if she says hi back or something you know she would like to chat and if she don't then you know that right now she doesn't no one is hurt no bad impressions are given...so just log on.

What Girls Said 5

• turn your chat off. lol and no this isn't normal. you must be freaking out about this so much it's keeping you from going on facebook which isn't good. and don't be afraid to talk to her if you want to. she won't find you "needy" if you just want to have a friendly chat.

• well if you guys text frequently then no don't i.m. her unless she ims you. and if you are dating her sure i.m. her girls like the feeling of the guy making the first move or treating like they are important:)

• Don't over think it and just be sure to give her some space every once in a while. And really, don't worry about if you don't say anything when you go online. You don't always have to be the one to initiate a conversation. If she wants to talk to you she can just be the one to IM you first. Silly goose.

• When you log in, immediately click 'go offline' if you want to get on facebook and avoid the whole chat thing. However, I highly doubt she will think anything about it.

• You can separate your friends into different groups on your Facebook IM chat to appear online to some and offline to others... Problem solved.

What Guys Said 2

• go to settings and click settings and appear offline. Then she won't see you online

• just get on and don't I'm her. If she IM's you, then you can't look needy, because she initiated.