Boyfriend doesn't call sometimes?

My boyfriend's grandfather passed away and the wake and funeral were this weekend. I was going to go to the wake, but my car broke down halfway there (it was about a 2 hour trek) and I had no way of getting there. I told him what happened- he completely understood. So last night, I called him and we talked but he was out to dinner with his fam so I told him I'd let him go. He told me he'd call me later but never did. Now, given the circumstances, I understand him not calling me. However, it's now the next evening and I have yet to hear from him. I know he's probably had a busy day and I know I probably sound really needy, but it would be nice for him to let me know when he's coming back or just to give me an update. I know I could call him, but I don't want to be interrupting his family time and bothering him. Sometimes, I just feel like when he's not around me, he doesn't miss me or think about me. He usually doesn't call when he's away. We're both not big phone people but I always send him a little text when we're not together. He never takes the initiative. Is this normal?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he has a lot on his mind at the moment with his grandfather dying and all give him time and check up on him by going to see him