Teenage son or daughter bringing home a 50 year old boyfriend/girlfriend?

If your teenage son or daughter brought home a 40 to 50 year old boyfriend or girlfriend, what would your reaction be? Would it be different if it was your son or daughter who did this? Would you confront your child or would you confront your child's lover?

Most Helpful Guy

• There was a guy in Germany who's daughter was going out with a 50 something year old. When she wouldn't break up with him the guy took some of his working buddies and cut the guys nuts off with a break knife. I can imagine the sentiment, though going that far if he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary seems a bit over kill. Although just the thought of a daughter of mine being ploughed by a 50 year old would probably p*ss me off enough to do something drastic. Unless I actually got to know the guy/already knew him and knew that he actually cared about her, would take care of her and not just use her because she's young. If it were a son of mine bringing home an older woman, I would probably laugh. I'd talk to him about it, but in the end I'd feel far more protective about an older guy with a young daughter than the older woman with a young son.

What Girls Said 2

• im 20 and brought a 42 year old home lol.. well not home though as don't live there anymore, we just told our families we were together and it could have gone either way. now we're well into a serious relationship. its not like I purposely went for him because of his age, we just fell for each other. we've met each others family and friends, most of them now anyway, and everyone is really happy for us. and of course I'm not embarrassed or ashamed to say this, I love the guy and people see us together in public every day and when we get negative remarks we just ignore them.

• NOT ACCEPTABLE WHATSOEVER! I talk to my child first and THEN confront the pedophile, probably report him to the police cause that's sick.

• The askerdis 18-24. What if the child is 19? That isn't a pedophile case... in fact, I believe that pedophilia deals with pre-pubescent children, so even a few years younger wouldn't be medically diagnosed as such.

It also wouldn't be a case of statutory rape -- assume some sort of sex was going on -- in any state in the US. What would the police have to do with this?

But again, perhaps you're assuming 13.

Which leads me to wonder what the point of the question is... and why I even care..

• i'm assuming "teenage" means between the ages of 13-17

What Guys Said 4

• I would slap my child and kick that pedophile out of my house.

• i will ROFL

• i will welcome him/her into the house and when he/she is inside I will kick his/her ass and electrocute his/her sorry ass.

• Grab my shotgun while wearing full cowboy attire and tell 'em to get the fcuk off my property.

Damn, I could imagine me in that situation... I look so bad-ass lol!

But yeah, if that did happen, I'd go all Chuck Norris on his ass and then I'd talk some sense into my kid.