I know he likes me, but why won't he text?

There is a guy that I like from another school, and I know he likes me back. Our mutual friend have been trying to set us up for a while, and we finally met and had an instant connection. My friends from his school say he 'has the major hots for me.' and I know I like him. One of my friends from that school recently gave him my number, but he hasn't texted or called. Is he nervous or something? I have his number so should I text him first?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, he's nervous. Chances are, he has your number programmed into your phone, but doesn't want to text or call you because he thinks it would go badly. He's worried simply because HE didn't get your number, and may not really have full faith in the person who gave it to him. You could be waiting a long while until you guys meet again.

If you're feeling brave, give him a call and ask him out. Or, if you're slightly less brave, give him a call and make small talk. Or, if you're really afraid, shoot him a text saying "Hi! this is XXXXX! How are you tonight!"

It sounds like, once you start communicating, something will happen, be it good or bad, something will happen. (and, most likely, it will be a good thing)

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, you should text him first! I'm sure he's very shy, I'd be! When I'm given a girl's number indirectly or directly, It's a little awkward. You should text him something like "Hey! What's goin' on?" It's a happy text that pressures him to respond while giving him confidence at the same time. He'll love that too, because he' s in the exact same situation. If you act confident and focused on him, he'll fill in that mold and you two can talk as much as you want, which will lead to a happy ending. :)

What Girls Said 1

• Hmmm...maybe you should reach out to him first...