Is a first date without a kiss a bad sign?

Guys, if you don't kiss a girl goodbye after a first date, does that mean you're not interested? I went out to lunch with a guy who during the time we were together, never stopped asking questions about me (not in a bad way, although I could barely ask him about him). And at the end, he just gave me one armed hug, but no kiss. He has mentioned that we should hang out again when he's in town (we live 2 hours away), but due to schedules, nothing else has really come of it. Is he interested in me or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say either he was too shy to do anything, or it would be kind of awkward kissing in the middle of the day. Personally I wouldn't kiss a girl on the first date in the middle of the day either (no matter if I liked her or not). For the first date I would ask her out for dinner and a movie (cliche I know...), not to lunch, it just seems less romantic and more into that fact that you're just friends. Also what could add to this would be a crowd, guys no one wants to be rejected, but in a big crowd during the middle of the day seems much worse.

• Thanks! Actually, I think we both would have preferred to meet for dinner, but I was only in town for a weekend on a job interview and he was flying out that evening on business. He actually drove 3-4 hours round trip to have lunch with me for a little over an hour. I have since taken the job and moved closer to him. I'm just trying to figure out if he just wants a friendship, or if he wants something more.

What Guys Said 1

• dont think I could kiss a girl on the first couple dates

What Girls Said 1

• I didn't even think people kissed until the second date... D: It's always been that way for me, anyway! Sometimes longer!