Would you date a man that did not have a car and a job?

Do you think a woman is a "gold digger" because she doesn't want to date a grown man who lacks those things, or is it smart?

(Also say you live in a city that DOESN'T have public transit. This guy is not in school either)

Most Helpful Girl

• why is that a gold digger? what is so wrong with wanting a guy to be able to provide for himself and take care of himself. if anything the guy is a gold digger if he's dating a girl who can take care of herself when he can't. he's a loser

What Guys Said 4

• Well from a guys point of view. First my now ex broke up with me after losing her job then car. She got depressed, hated herself, and felt useless. She said she was pulling me down and making life harder. But in my opinion none of that was true. Then in the same week I lost my job and put my car through a couple of telephone poles. Everyone both guys or girls have a unique situation. No one deserves to be used by a person who has no job or car and is doing nothing to change that. But to be with someone currently in that situation but is doing everything to better their life and situation then they should be supported in their efforts, even if they lost everything after starting todate someone.

• wat pisses me of is that I have a car and still have never had a girlfriend, there are guys who don't even have a car and are able to get a girlfriend

• The job I can see. The car is situational.

• It isn't really a deal breaker unless she would have no ambition to get a job or a car. Plus they can't be expecting me to pay for all the dates AND drive them around everywhere.

What Girls Said 7

• The guy sounds like he has no drive, ambition or motivation to do anything but sponge off someone else. How are you a grown man with no transportation, no job and you aren't in school? what is he doing with himself? what has he done with his life? I'd think a woman was a FOOL to date a guy like this when she could do better than him or just be single entirely. Having a boyfriend is not a necessity so I don't understand why you would date a guy who is more of a liability than an asset. He can't do anything for himself, he's only gonna drag you down if you date him. Dating this guy means that you will not be going out much, you'll be paying for EVERYTHING, and you'll have to be his personal chauffeur and deal with his insecurities about having less money than his girlfriend. No thanks

• i would not date anyone not in school, or not having a career or car. If he is in school and knows where he is going in life and has a job, OK if no car fine I have one I'll drive. but usually I look at all of those things.

• I'm dating such guy... well, he has a car but only because he inherited once... you have to find out WHY he's in the boat he's in. My guy doesn't have a job or go to school but why should he? He got an inheritance for which he doesn't NEED to do any of it. I envy his life...

But yeah, if he was like this and had no money, no job, no car, no school, and is basically some transient I wouldn't date him. Not because I need money, I don't, I have my own, but because this guy has nothing to offer.

BUT If he was smart and wanted to go to school or wanted to get a job or was doing SOMETHING to make his life better, that's a dateable man.

Then again, I'm not looking to start a life with someone. I've been married, divorced, had a kid. I only need companionship. A man who can't provide for his family has no business being with someone who WANTS a family... Call me old fashioned.

I'm not saying he has to be rich or a CEO, just normal. :)

• I agree with most of what you're saying, but I just don't understand how a person could do nothing just because they've got inheritance money. I could be off base, maybe he volunteers or something - but if not then what does he do all day? I'm getting off topic here though...

Also, I don't think that your point is old fashioned - if a guy doesn't have the means to support a family then I don't think he has any business starting one. I'm not trying to offend anybody but kids are expensive.

• A lot of people say I'm old school for saying it. As for the boyfriend, well, he plays video games, watches videos on youtube, and is pretty much busy being a kid while he still can. He's preparing himself to go into the national guard so he won't be a kid for long. The day boot camp starts is the day that kid dies... I think... lol. :) Anyway, we'll see. He wants to be in the police force but wants to do the guard and then military police first.

• oh, and yeah, kids are super expensive. I have a teen. She's still sucking me dry! lol :) It takes two people to raise a kid but I had to do it alone and it sucked. You don't need two incomes, but defintely two people!

• I wouldn't care as long as he doesn't try to depend on me.

• probably not. where I live, a car is necessary for pretty much everyone, and if he doesn't have a job and isn't looking, I would think he is a deadbeat who is living off of his parents money and going nowhere with his life

• No way.. she is not a gold digger. yes it depends why but really, why would you want to be with someone who has nothing. basically it shows they are not motivated. instead you have to be the bread winner. I was in a realtionship just like this and it was horriable he sat around all day did nothing. try to use me to buy him a car. if you want to have a good life with the great things that come along you can not waste it on a lazy ass

• that depends.. if he had a great education background and is at least trying to look for a job, then it's OK to date him... but if he looks like he doesn't even try, then might as well not date him!