How do I get rid of these nerves before my date tonight?

I'm not nervous once I see her, but its this waiting till 7 that is killing me, my stomach already has butterflies.

Thanks for all your guys answers, but she told me tonight she just wants to be friends so its over.

Most Helpful Girl

• It may help to remember that CHANCES ARE she is going through the same thing.

You feel like this, also, because you're focusing on tonight, rather than where you are in the day. I know its hard, especially when you're super excited, but try to stop focusing on tonight (the what ifs, and hows and whens and all that fun stuff we torture ourselves with!) and focus on what you are doing. If you are sitting around waiting for the date, then get your bum up and do something :) Go for a walk or a jog or a bike (exercise is a GREAT way to calm yourself down AND, added bonus, after you work out you're flooded with endorphins and your pheromones become stronger, giving you a more confident air and a primal attractant).

If I'm anxious I try to throw myself into my work, school or actual work, I go for a run, I play guitar, or I read. Just do something you are normally really interested in, it should HELP at least. Good luck tonight!

What Girls Said 14

• You need to find something to do that you will really have to focus on and your mind won't have the ability to focus on the date. It is easy for me, because I am a mom and own a home, so I have things I have to do all the time that I want done before I go out. I end up so busy straightening things up or running errands I don't have time to focus on other things.

• Haha, I get that all the time. Pretty much every time I have a first date, I feel nervous and sick to my stomach ALL DAY. My best advice is to just take your mind off it. Listen to fun music, go running, call a friend, play video games... whatever you like to do. You say you're fine once you see her, so you just have to put up with the nervous feelings until then. Good luck! :)

• Do something that'll get your mind off of it; she can't see what you do beforehand anyways, so she'll never know! Go write some music, that's what I do (well, I'm also a songwriter; but whatever floats your boat)! Get on the internet - look at funny videos; or do something productive like cooking, doing homework, cleaning your house (or yourself), etc.

• Remind yourself that you're the sh** (nervous or not) & if she doesn't fall head over heels for your badazz she isn't worthy!

• A nice hot bath, and some music to pump you up.

• This happened to me the other day. I know that personally for me it helps to talk on the phone. It distracts you. Even if its a you talk about, your friends can help you calm down. And if all else fails, I just say "life is too short. I'm just gonna live". I'm sure your a good date. no worries =]

• there's no way to get rid of it until she gets there, and you relax. But think about it- isn't having butterflies and being nervous about seeing her way better than not feeling that way about anyone?

• aww!

Watch t.v, read books, magazines, anything that hasn't have to do with love and girls, child.

• Try to find something else that you enjoy doing in the mean time to help take your mind of of it. It will help relax you some.

• Eat chocolate (Y)

• aww, I'm sorry about that

better luck with the next girl

• smoke a doobster

• If I'm not working etc. I'll have a glass of wine to relax the nerves and seem a little more bubbly when I first meet someone. We all get like this so don't feel alone. I actually have that happening right now since I'm going on a date with my ex after a long time apart and have been sick to my stomach all day! I took a drive around the block with the windows down, that seemed to help :) Music is also great and sometimes a little doodling takes the mind off of it..

• I'm going through the same thing right now, and I'm at work which sucks because I'm just anxious feeling and nervous as hell...arg!

What Guys Said 13

• Try listening to uplifiting music. I don't know what type of music you listen to otherwise I would give you some suggestions. Also you can watch movies but make sure good things happen in it so as not to shoot down your own ego. Movies where people go on dates and succeed. Psychologically this is supposed to helps and take away all the negativity that might flood in to your head. Also try doing some sort of activity (even with another friend) that can make you forget about the dinner in the meanwhile. If you can let out your anxiousness and concerns to the person who you can trust, he or she can help in boosting your confidence level. But for all boys' sakes, DO NOT drink beer and make yourself look like a fool in front of the girl. You want to be yourself because imagine if she doesn't like who you are when you're tipsy or whatever? If anything bad happens just brush it off and laugh it off like it was nothing. You can joke about it to calm the nerves. Try eating a light snack and do not stuff yourself too much. Do not think too much about your date cos it would make you less confident. You can even consider calling your date for a minute to calm yourself down but keep the convo short and sweet. make sure where you're going for your date is a place that you're comfortable with . Be prepared for any result. Its possible that you may not be comfortable with the person in the end or vice versa. Don't take it too personally if you do not find the person compatible. Just be prepared for the worse so you can calm down a bit. hope this helps.

• We all get nervous to some extent when there is a date coming up. Usually these nerves pop up when you start thinking about the things that might go wrong during the date. These thoughts need to be removed from your mind. The way I help remove these thoughts is I keep reminding myself that the girl I asked out has already said YES to me and is taking the time out of HER DAY to see me. This builds confidence and also sometimes sparks creativity or good conversation ideas. I don't care how good you are, you need to have some kind of plan in place when out on a date with a girl.

• i was going to say just jerk one off, but whatever somebody I already said that lol. What you can do is have like a shot of tequila or something hard, it mellows you down and relaxes you as well. However the most important thing to remember is to stop putting women in a pedestal, they are just a human being like you and me, they crap just like you and me, they burp, they fart equally the same they are just a human being only with boobs and a vagina. I know this may sound sexist but it is true!. Just relax and let it flow, once you realize she is not even that important and that you HAVE the POWER because guess who takes her out?, who does the courting? and so on and so forth you will be more relaxed. Most importantly though TAKE THIS TIME TO GET TO KNOW HER TO SEE IF SHE FITS TO WHAT YOU WANT, DON'T TAKE THIS DATE TO IMPRESS HER, INSTEAD LET HER IMPRESS YOU, do you get it?.

• Masturbate. What? It worked in There's Something About Mary :P haha

• Ouch!, why did she said that?. How long were you dating? Feel me in the deets, maybe I can give you constructive criticism.

• A couple of shots should work.

• I'd recomend maybe having ONE beer, it'll calm your nerves and make you a bit more outgoing, every time I'm nervous about something I watch comedy TV shows/movies. Hope I helped big man, good luck!

• Don't worry man, there's PLENTY of other women out there. End it for good though to get your mind off of her, try to go a week without talking, then you can hang out again.

• Unlucky bro, this sh*t happens :D

• sing loudly. even if you're bad it really helps

Music. Chocolate. Crack. Whatever you're into.

Go on youtube and watch nigahiga. Always good for lifting the spirits

• Listen to metal.

• Have some beers.

• consult a physician , he may help you to get rid of your problem