What is the perfect first date movie?

Too much horror, and one might run off. Too much action, the girl gets bored. Too much talking and the boy will fall asleep. Too much sex and it just gets awkward. What is the perfect first date movie, then?

Most Helpful Guy

• Movies in general are bad ideas for first dates. You want to do something that's fun but promotes conversation as well. The only time a movie would be good for a first date is if you were immediately following it up with dinner at a fairly nice place where you're going to be there eating for a good long while so you can talk.

What type of movie? Really, it depends on what you both like. Generally you can't go wrong with comedy, but that's best only as a last resort in the event you can't agree on anything else. If you're both horror movie buffs, go for it. Both like Jet Li or Jackie Chan? Go catch a martial arts flick.

What Guys Said 12

• lol.. well, it doesn't HAVE to be a movie for the first date.. but I guess it all depends on what's playing in the theatre.

surely out of the options, you can pick between them.. just pick something that looks decent.. you'll never pick one if you constantly try to customize the movie for a "first date."

gL though!

:D

• Blast from the Past, Groundhog Day, How to Train Your Dragon, Howard the Duck, anything by Pixar studios.

• Fuck movies. Coffee, then a stroll through a park is my go to on a first date. If it's cold outside you have to huddle together for warmth. Plus making out takes one's mind off the cold.

• Rom Com - Bridget Jones or similar

• Star Wars XIVI

• Ironman's a good movie for a first date.

• i think a good, and I mean a GOOD rom com or just a comedy. fun and laughter are two important ingredients in a date.

• Date Night, it's funny and a good movie to watch on a first date.

• I don't like a movie for a first date imo. I would rather go bowling or putt putt or something a movie doesn't allow for any talking. And for a first date I'd say that talking is really important if both are looking for an actually relationship.

• lol putt putt...That only works in the summer.

• mini golf is a good one too if she has never played before (or she pretends like she hasn't LOL) then the guy can show her how to hold the club and swing...

• skating has that sort of advantage as well, where you have to hang on to each other for support.

If one of you is really bad the other needs to be behind you to hang on to you with both arms.

and you have the added bonus of falling on top of each other if you're lucky

• Snakes on a plane

• CALIGULA or I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE lol

• Purple Rain, White Chicks, or Crossroads. You'll be Money

What Girls Said 8

• Heh this might just be me but I love the pixar and dreamworks movies :) they're funny, usually have a lot of action, and they have more creativity than a typical romantic comedy...yea they're seen as kids movies but they're actually pretty good :p I go see them with my friends a lot (this group is girls AND guys so I know it's potentially OK for everyone >_>)

But yea if you're both into animation it's good...

• Silence of the Lambs.

• I would say comedy, or romantic comedy.

• You don't go to see a movie on a first date.

• Really? What then? Just hang out? Not trying to sound like a smart ass by the way, I actually wanna know lol

• i agree, you can't talk & get to know the person, you can't even look at them

[without being incredibly awkward].

on a first date there should be conversation, some sort of connection,

you can't recognise that connection if you're not even talking.

after the movie, you still haven't really spoken,

so, discussing the movie, [opinions, beliefs, & thoughts]

might be uncomfortable & avoided.

• Yes I agrre with holy quacamole. It's better to go to a nice bar or a cofeeshop - somewhere you can talk and get to know a person. Movies aren't the best idea.

• I'm gonna answer this assuming your first date with that guy is to the movies.

Firstly, too much of anything is never good. Girls don't necessarily get bored over loads-of-action movies, whilst too much talking may get both girls and guys bored, unless it's a very good humorous movie and both of them share the same sense of humor.

Secondly, there's no such thing as perfect first date movie. Moreover, sometimes there are just no good movies available in the cinema to watch. But, a great first date movie would involve compromise and consideration on both parties upon selecting the movie they enjoy as well as the other, and having to enjoy watching the movie whilst having the other as company.

• any comedy. Comedies are usually gender-neutral. Maybe the Hangover or THe Wedding Singer or something like that

• comedy. something that will make you both laugh

• Comedy. This way you can laugh about it and have things to talk about afterward. Plus you can see what kind of humor your date has.