First date suggestions?

I got a number from a really cute girl and she seems like a very fun person. So I'm just putting this out there for suggestions of what you think would be a good idea for a first date?

Obviously I want something that is going to allow us to talk. There are no local sports teams with home games this week and the weather still isn't great enough to guarantee doing things outside. I was kind of thinking ice skating. Any original suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love the ice skating idea- just make sure she's the kind of girl who a) doesn't mind making a bit of a fool of herself if she can't skate well or b) already knows how to skate and enjoys it. (I fall into the first category). It gets you talking, it's fun, it's a casual activity that avoids the awkwardness of more formal first dates.

I don't know if your town/city has an indoor mini-golf facility, but I've always thought that was a good first date idea too- it's fun, a little friendly competition, and some time to get to know each other a little better without too much pressure.

Bowling is another good one- same idea as the first two- fun, casual, ice-breaker, get to know each other stuff.

And, fyi, I'm not particularly good at any of these activities, so I wouldn't worry if one or both of you isn't the world's best skater/golfer/bowler.

The other nice thing is that, if the date goes well, after you're done skating/golfing/bowling, you can go grab a cup of coffee, a drink, dinner etc without it being awkward. And, if it's not going so well, it's an easy way to politely and gently end the date before it gets overly awkward for you both. Good luck!

What Girls Said 5

• Iceskating, bowling, minigolf, eating/drinking somewhere. This way you can get to know each other by having time to talk. Cinema wouldn't be good since you both only are staring to the screen.What I really loved, but I don't know if other girls would like it and maybe it's more for a second date, is asking her if she has any ideas to do, and then tell her 'let's try to do them all (:' that's what happened to me and I thought it was so romantic lol. Keep it brief, make sure to not say bad things, and be a gentleman. Most women love that.

• Iceskating yoi guys should fall and she would be really embarassed, as a first date I always choose a late breakfast, cause you don't eat a LOT and is morning she won't feel pressure and you'll have a great atmosphere to"talk and get to know each other" ORIGINAL SUGGESTIONS, come after the second date... =)

• What you should do is go to that "Would you date me?" on the Reality Check. If you go over girl's wants, they'll tell you what type of personality they have, and what an ideal first date would be. That's where I've gotten some of my best ideas! who would have ever guessed that an arcade would be so superb lol. Good luck!

• How nice, first dates are fun! I'd skip sports events because you get involved & can't talk as much, but only for the first date. Skating is a great idea, then stop during for hot chocolate & chat for awhile. After that, you could go for a glass of wine and dessert, or just dessert. It's nice to linger over a shared sweet and talk. That way you can learn more about her & see if you click, maybe get a 2nd date.

Good luck.

• Don't forget to wear pants.

What Guys Said 1

• Ice Skating sounds good, I am glad that you didn't choose sports because your attention won't be given to her completely and two it might be a waste of a lot of money, if the date doesn't go well. When you go for a first date, the key thing to remember, is to always do an activity that you are paying attention to her and that you are doing something with her, that way that you can 'bond' or find rapture between each other. That is why the date to restaurants are the first thing that people think about when going for a date, however is too cliche now days.