When is it too late to stop dating someone?

I have been dating my girlfriend for 5 years and in that tie span I have come to experience characteristics of who she is and her characteristics. I love her and think she is a great person; however, I thought she would change or mature in a way that would help me feel more confident in a marriage. She has a bit of an attitude over simple things and she is very demanding in a spoiled sense. I do not know if this is something I want to commit to and I do not want to have to divorce her after marriage. I had broken up with her about 2 years ago or so because I stopped feeling for her because I was unhappy when with her; but I got back together with her because I missed her and was worried with her actions after the break up and was always concerned about her and didn't like the thought of her with another guy. I keep finding myself become attracted to other women and always have great relationship with them but never cheat on my girlfriend. I just wonder if there is something better for me or at this point, is it too late or am I just maturing as well still?

What Girls Said 1

• as hard as it is to break up you need to be honest to yourself and just do it. this is coming from a girl who was recently dumped for a similar reason. I would rather be told the complete truth than be stuck in a relationship with someone that doesn't have the same feelings for me. and id much rather be dumped after 5 years of dating than to end up inevitabily being divorced in the future. you shouldn't feel guilty for feeling the way you do because it is a sign that something needs to change. In my opinion you would be doing a greater deed by allowing her to find someone who loves her for who she is. and by doing so good karma may come your way. good luck and don't ever settle for less than you deserve.

What Guys Said 1

• It's never too late to break up, better now than after marrying her. And yes, you should demand more from a relationship. You deserve to be happy and I'm pretty sure your desire to go outside the relationship will only get stronger. You should be able to get the things those other women give you from your girlfriend. I was in a relationship for a couple years with a girl who was great in many ways but was just a little too immature for me. It finally got to be too much so I left her. It was difficult but I was happier afterward. You've also got to accept that she has a right to see other guys if you leave her.