Question about texting a girl?

-Would you keep texting a guy that you do not like?

-Would you keep texting a guy all night until you get tired?

-If she keep asking questions about you, is she interested in what you doing?

-How long do you wait until you respond to a guy's text?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I don't like a guy and he keeps texting me, I'll answer but it will be very delayed, short and simple. I'm not rude but I just don't give him opportunities to elaborate or keep a conversation up very long. Also if its a time that I could hypothetically be sleeping, I'll wait until the next day to respond, so I'm not going to text them while I'm tired. I won't ask questions about them, in fact I won't ask anything at all and like I said earlier, I'll delay my responses for a good while.

Alternatively, if I like a guy I will definitely text him until I fall asleep. Its kind of a natural indication that there are "more than friends" feelings there when a guy or girl is texting someone in bed. You're obviously thinking of them because you like them. I'll ask questions or bring up topics to get conversation started and I respond as quickly as you would anyone you want to talk to. Also if I miss a text for a while, I'll probably say sorry I was doing this or whatever, so they know I wasn't ignoring them.

A friend of mine and me would text sporadically throughout the day and a good portion into the night all the time. Now we're dating. At night chatting with someone is comforting. You're done with the day and you're ready to go to bed but you're free of everything else so I like talking to him because he comforts me and I'm already thinking about him since I have no other obligations.

What Girls Said 16

• I'd keep texting a guy I don't like but in a friendly way :)

I'd keep texting a guy all night even when I was tired if I had an immense crush on him :)

I ask questions sometimes when I don't know what else to say or I'm genuinely interested in the answer

I wait generally as long as it took the guy to answer my last text

• -it depends if he likes me as a friend or not, if he liked me as a friend Yes to be nice and friendy but if he liked me more than a friend Yes I would but I wouldn't text him as much to avoid leading him on.

-Yes if I really liked him like that

-Most definitely..she's interested. Anytime anyone is askin question about a certain someone or talking about them all the time then they are interested and trying to get to know them.

-if I really like him then I will respond right away but if he's a friend then I respond right away but not as quick.

if your trying to find out if this girl likes you more than a friend just compare the way she treats you to the way your girl friends (home girls) treat you and repsond to your text messages.

• If I like the guy I will text him all night till I'm tired, if I like him I will ask questions, and I would text back within min unless I was busy.

• 1. Yes, I do text guys I do not like, but I try not to flirt. I try to not use lol too often or put emoticons at the end

2.If I liked the guy then yes. However, I am starting to not like texting because I feel like we have lost the sense of voice. If you are going to text all night, why not just call!

3. sometimes ill ask questions about the guy, but that doesn't mean I am interested. I just want to get to know you better, see if we have anything in common, possible conversation starters.

4.ok, this is something I learned this year and I am 20 years old. apparently, if you are playing the "game" aka the chase, you should wait 20 min between texts to show that you aren't desperate. being a girl, I HATE this stupid game. I like to respond right away because I like my answers fast.

• where did the 20 min rule come from, cause I text this girl I like immediately and she takes forever to reply usually, lol, so is that automatic that I'm whipped and she is trying not to look desperate so she likes me, cause I kinda am getting the feeling that she doesn't like me cause she takes a long time to reply

• - No. It's as simple as that. I may text him replies to be nice but if I don't like you it'll be very obvious. If I'm not interested at all the answers will consist only of 'yes' & 'no'. But like Anonymous said you can't distinguish whether she likes your or just thinks of you as a friend just by replies.

- Yes, but that still doesn't tell you FOR SURE if she has feelings for you. I guarantee you it's at least crossed her mind.

- Absolutely, this is a very good sign. We try to find out as much as we can about you so we can bring it up later showing you that we were paying attention to what you were saying & so we can progress the relationship.

- Depends. If I have romantic interest I'll wait around 2 minutes. If I don't care I'll respond right away.

• 1. Yes, but I won't flirt with the guy I would just keep it friendly and short.

2.yes or until I fall asleep

3.yes of course if she's asking you questions it means she's trying to talk to you longer or wants to know more about u

4.usually it depends if I'm busy but I do reply bak

• If she constantly texts you then she thinks about you a lot and she like you as a friend at least. If she asks questions about you she finds you interesting and wants to get to know you better. I reply to all my texts quickly.

• 1. No

2. If I like him, yes.

3. Sometimes I text instantly, sometimes I take longer to get back, and other times I don't respond.

• yes, I might be bored

yes if I was bored or into him

yes, but she could also be bored

instantly

• -Would you keep texting a guy that you do not like?

Yes, because I'm too polite and I don't have the backbone to say, "I'm not interested." I'll text, but I'll make the conversation pretty much one-sided and boring as possible, hoping you get the hint that I don't really want to talk to you. Sad but true. I'm very non-confrontational.

Yes, if I like the guy and if the conversation is fun. And if I have nothing to do, which rarely happens these days with college chewing up 99% of my free time.

Yes, clearly she's interested in getting to know more about you for whatever reason.

I respond at my earliest convenience. If I'm busy, I won't respond. But I won't necessarily put it off just to make a guy wait.

• - I would only continue to text a guy who I don't like in that way, if I like him as a friend

-only if he seems worth it. if he is a guy that I want to stay up all night for :)

- I personally only ask questions if I am interested

- I wait the same amount of time he took to respond to my text. only seems fair...

• What if you started texting her around 5 in the afternoon and we stop around 1230? Is a guy worth the time?

• she spent 7hours and a half of her time texting you...

i think she thinks you're worth it :D

• of course not a month ago a guy started texting me at 3 in the afternoon and we ended on midnight because I fell asleep but if I wasn`t that tired I would have gone on texting him

• -i would keep texting a guy who is nice but not boyfriend material but not to a guy I don`t like at all

-oh yeah I often do that ^^

-i think so, I always ask my crush something when we are texting

-most of the time immediatelly but if he needs 30 minutes to respond I will also wait a little bit until I respond

• -Nope.

-If I liked him and wanted to get to know him better.

-Yes.

-I don't mess around. I answer pretty quick,maybe 10-20 minutes if I like him. If I don't like him, I might wait an hour or more, or just not text back.

• Yes I still text the guy that I'm not into. I know he likes me as more than a friend but I don't want to lose him as a friend. I think he's fine with still having me in his life even though it's not what he wants. I don't text too much, I think that would be annoying, and seem desperate. I would text at night if I couldn't sleep. If she's asking questions then she could just be looking for attention, bored, or she is interested in you. I respond to a guys text usually within the hr. If its someone I just met then maybe give it no more than 5hrs.

• Yup, I mean he's still my friend right? I also like texting people in general, but yeah I would keep texting him, but I would hint it that I'm not interested in him/ I like someone else

All the time.. this is what I do almost every night. I fall asleep with my phone in my hand. :) it makes me happy thinking of my love before I go to bed. :)

Most of the time.. or it could be just a way to get the conversation moving. but I always always ask the guy I like a bunch of questions because I'm curious

i try my best to wait the same amount my guy takes, which is usually FOREVER, but sometimes I'll reply fast, it depends, but I guess if guys take forever to reply, it makes the girl mad, but also curious. so don't wait too long.. .i'd say max 15 minutes. unless she's a legit slow replier. :)

• -it depends really. if he's nice and he's a friend then probably. it really depends on how the girl feels about the guy.

-yes. well if we like a guy then we will talk to him anytime we get the chance to. I would text the guy I like all night if I could!

-well it depends how much she asks you. if she wants to know what you are doing all the time my guess would be that she does. and I think she is interested if she always asks you.

-all girls are different. some will text right back or some play hard to get & don't answer right away. don't be sad if she does not text you right back because hse just might be busy or not have her phone on her at the time.

if you like a girl you should be open about it to. girls like guys that will be open and honest with them. and chances are that it will work out. we love it when the guy take the 1st step and tries to get our attention. it makes us feel good. and if she turns you down oh well! she's not worth your time then. God has someone else planned better for you :D

hope you take my advice! and when you read this tell me what you thought! I would love to hear from you and see how it all works out! I made a question to! and I also have questions for guys so if you can should help me to! thankss :)

• Good info! Thanks for answering my question. The reason I ask the question is because I text her from 5 in the afternoon til midnight. I wanted to know if she was interested in me. Send me the link and I will answer your question.

What Guys Said 1

• I look for reasons to text her, but I also try to find "stopping points" to say goodnight. I don't want to come off as clingy, and I also realize she has things to do (she's a late person) and I don't want to consume her entire night). So I try to ease into a simple "Good night, (random 'nickname' here)" type text. There are times that she says good night, and there are times that she will reply with something that seems like she's keeping the conversation going. I suppose all in all it depends on the person and their mood, and how they see you. I used to talk to a girl on AIM all the time, and we'd talk all night real late until she got tired and had to sleep (She wasn't a late person mind you, lol). But she didn't like me in that "more than friends" type way. If a girl doesn't like you at all though (not necessarily dislike you or hate you, but just has no attraction to you), she probably won't talk much or will try to find reasons to say good bye. If she asks questions, its simply assumed that she has some interest in you. But depending on the simplicity of the question (and if they're related to the current conversation) sometimes they're just for conversation sake, or curiosity, or even to just seem friendly. If the questions are completely off the wall, or personal, there may be some "interest" going on. As for the last one, she used to be bad at getting her phone. I'd go half a day before she replied to me sometimes, lol. But on the whole she'll text me between 45 minutes and an hour. Sometimes instantly if we're having a conversation with each other and we're "expecting" each others' texts. I always text her good morning when I know she's still sleeping, so I just get her reply whenever she gets around to it. Again, depends on the person.