Dating, Do you just act yourself or do you play games?

Just wondering, how many people out there have read books like The System or The Game and follow set rules when dating that oppose what you actually feel like doing?

Also how many people out there just act yourselves; call him/her when ever you want to, share your thoughts and feelings without any filters, don't care about playing hard to get or being too available?

What Guys Said 1

• as soon as the girl starts playing games I play games, but after I win I usually don't hang around for too long

What Girls Said 1

• I don't try to be anyone I'm not, but I do follow certain guidelines because I don't want to be overly vulnerable or make a fool of myself. So if that means not calling as much or being more reserved then I'll do it, but I don't really see it as "playing games". The sad fact of the matter is that everyone plays games. In the past when I didn't and just did what came naturally, the guy would lose interest but now all of a sudden I recognize not to give too much too soon they remain interested longer because I don't scare them off. If that's called game playing then I guess I do it meh