Tattoo location, which would you prefer?

I already know the tattoo I'm getting, I designed it myself and it has really significant meaning to me. Without going into major detail, its circular and probably around the same diameter as a baseball. I'm 6'1, brown hair blue eyes and get pretty tan. I'm outside all day everyday from 8am-7pm in Florida so that explains that =P My question is where I should get it: I am pretty torn between getting it just below my collarbone on my chest or on my back on my upper right shoulderblade. Like I said, the tattoo has major meaning to me, but because its my first and likely my only, aesthetically I'mcurious what others think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, both locations sound like a good choice. There are a few things to consider:

1) Your pain tolerance. If you choose to get it on your shoulder blade, it will hurt FAR less than below your collar bone (I can't emphasize that 'far' part enough)

2) How often do you go shirtless outside? Since you live in Florida, you'll have more opprotunities for the sun to fade your tattoo. Picking a spot that will have less sun-exposure will help in maintaining the tattoo and slow the fading process (thus slowing the need for touch-ups and the frequency of them)

3) Tattoos are addicting. I only thought I wanted one, and ended up with 5. So make sure you choose a location that'll work best in case you do decide to add more one day.

What Girls Said 9

• Spine tattoos are really sexy IMO. Maybe think about getting it on your upper back, centered between your shoulder blades? But if you want to be able to see it and appreciate it that's not such a good spot. Chest tattoos are a bit weird though, so... weigh the pros and cons before getting it done :) And good luck, I hope it turns out nice!

• I think that back tattoos looke nice so I'd go for that. I think I would really need to see the actual tattoo to tell you where I think it will look the best

• arm isn't an option?
    well, between those two, I'd go with your upper right shoulderblade...it seems more conventional. plus, I'm not sure if you want to cover up your collarbone area. :)

• chest sounds better to me,but a back tattoo is easier to cover up when necessary

• That's why I have to choose between these, can't be visible at work. Although I have to change shirts fairly often

• I would definitely go with the shoulder blade. I think that's the hottest spot for a guy to get a tattoo!

• on your upper right shoulderblade... I think it would just look better there.

• Thanks for the answer. Out of curiousity ('cause this is new for me) what would you think if you saw it there. I wanted it either of those places because I'm not the parade it around type.

• i love tattoos on guys. so I'd think it was hot lol. but it all depends on the tattoo itself. if it's like 'love' in chinese, that would be very typical. but you say that you've designed it yourself and that it has special significance to you, so it sounds very cool :)

• so I changed my mind... the tattoo belongs on your upper arm, closer to your chest.

• I'm no expert but if your thinking shoulderblade, I'd go with that option

• Shoulderblade!

• Back, definitly. Chest would be weird to me. You're cute btw... Single? =P

• i would imagine its kind if hard for him to flirt with you if you are anonymous lol

• Sweet =) Email me sometime? melissastar91@ymail.com

• To be honest, I probably won't through email. Feel free to message me though :P

What Guys Said 5

• I've got a tattoo of that size, maybe a tad smaller under my left collarbone. I guess it depends on the design, and whether you'd like to constantly see it or not. I think the most important thing is how you want it to be displayed, I carry mine on my chest because it's personal and I like to be reminded of what it represents whenever I look in the mirror. If it's on your scapula then you'll be the only person who never really gets to see it.

Next thing, if you're in pretty good shape and you've good a nicely designed tattoo on your chest then you'll get a fair amount of attention at the beach. It works pretty well for me lol.

• chest would be cool, maybe just above the heart. then you could metaphorically tie it into your life as well. I def wouldn't do shoulder...everyone has one there. if your talking about your back, id go at the top of the back, so that a shirt would barely cover it, but a beeter would show it. centered on the spine...

• I wouldn't get it on your back. back tattoos are for other people to see, not you.

I like getting tattoos where I can see it in the mirror. it makes me remember why I got it.

just my .02

• Go with the back bro. The ladies dig that ha. Only bad thing is you can only see the tat in the mirror.

• Make it a tramp stamp.